DataOne with Landline

• Thread starter Thread starter pjayant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,038

pjayant

I get the impression that some of the correspondents of this Forum are using DataOne with wireless links. I am in Pune and have registered for DataOne. The roads have been badly dug up and the heavy rains have caused serious problems even fro my existing Dial-Up link. BSNL has delivered a SmartAX MT 880 Router cum Modem (made by Huawei, China) for an ADSL Link. The DatOne Link is being estabished using my exisitng phone line.The BSNL Engineer has visited my house (Single PC) and has tried to get steady lights for the LAN and the ADSL Links but the ADSL Light is not steady and continuous. Hence the Account has not been activated for 4 days now. Does this mean that the DataOne link will have frequent disconnections or background noise, just as I have with the Dial-Up link of BSNL?feedback from current userd of DatOne with landline links will be appreciated.P. Jayant

go to the offices of `bsnl' and create hell over there with the commercial officer and with the `de' external. they are bound to rectify the problem immediately. recommend you make a complaint letter (in triplicate) and get copies of the same signed by them and sealed with their official seal... this is really horrid... :huh: Pupudada!p.s.: bsnl does not give any wireless connections!

I agree BSNL does not have Wirelink as of now. Besides collect as many complaint letters copies ( duly stamped and receipted by BSNL ) as also Docket Numbers ( get the docket numbers first and then repost at this forum after 72 hours what the status is ).

strongly suggest that you all give your docket numbers (with date and time of complaint), the time it got the problem to be solved, if you gave them a written complaint.. was it followd immediately... the behaviour of the personnal over there.. i am willing to take this up personally. :blink: Pupudada!

Originally posted by pupudada@Jul 10 2005, 09:58 PM
go to the offices of `bsnl' and create hell over there with the commercial officer and with the `de' external. they are bound to rectify the problem immediately. recommend you make a complaint letter (in triplicate) and get copies of the same signed by them and sealed with their official seal... this is really horrid...  :huh: Pupudada!

p.s.: bsnl does not give any wireless connections!
[snapback]15645[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for your advise. It would be more useful for the correspondents of this forum if you could give information on:
1) your configuration (single PC or LAN), 2) number of weeks you have been a user of DataOne, 3) the number of hours you connect to DatOne per day, 4) the uptime you get, 5) the frequency of disconnections, 6) the upload and download speed you get and 7) your experience on the background noise or long times for establishing a connection, any hardware problems etc.

P. Jayant

when im logged in but not using the dataone ( all programmes off ...then i get disconnected evert 30 minutes for a few seconds. i chekced this again and besides this every 24 hours I get disconnected if i use the connections all thru.

what do you mean that you get disconnected for a few seconds??? does that mean that after these few seconds it re-connects automatically?? if not, then most probably you are getting pinged out. also chances may be that you have set your bios to shut off the hard drive after 30 minutes of inactivity :huh: Pupudada!