Reserve Bank of India (RBI) News & Updates

A $2.6 Trillion Economy Depends on a Credible Central Bank - WSJ

Shaktikanta Das: Who is Shaktikanta Das? The man behind GST, note ban now heads RBI - The Economic Times

As the economic affairs secretary, Das was the key man behind the planning and execution of demonetisation drive. Most of the public statements on demonetisation had been made by him which led to the impression that the government was at the forefront of the drive instead of the RBI.

so the guy who managed demo and gst rollout is now incharge of rbi. good stuff.

Source

there are a bunch of other tweets from the same guy. one tweet talks about how they have shipping election wali ink to different areas. i assume they inked fingers to ensure that same person is not withdrawing/exchanging money? man this thing is barely 2 years old and i have already forgotten the shit we went through.

Coin problem hits depositors in several states | india news | Hindustan Times

Coins come in only four denominations. But they come in different sizes for the same denominations. “If customers come with sorted coins of different denominations, we will accept them,” said a banker in Patna. Bhopal-based street vendor, Vishwanath Dubey, said he had to call police when a businessman refused to accept coins from him because of the refusal of the banks to accept them. “But how many times can I call the police?” he asked.