Airtel is injecting audio ads in calls made on their mobile network

i am on prepaid and i did not get this on my call today. but i can totally see airtel doing this.

Reactions: Smh
Try calling +91 92666 34551 he is triple play agent and when I called him I got this ad. This is only number I can give but they are doing it mostly on numbers of there providers.

Typical airtel. You gotta send an email to Nodal dept, threatening to port if the ads aren't disabled. I did and I no longer get any ads. You can find the relevant details for your circle here : Airtel.IN

They have done this in the past when your data pack is about to expire. The support rep said it would stop once the data pack expired - which it did, but was very annoying till then.

So the guy he is calling is making money from his calls? Holy cow. Salesperson of an internet service provider!

Subscribe to Airtel Rewards Tune FREE & earn Rs15/month!
Make your callers hear Ads of Big Brands & earn 5 paise on every Ad played.

What if I buy airtel number. Get that plan and then ask someone to keep calling and disconnecting?

Or run some automatic program which calls every 10 second?

Say total 3 calls a minute. 15p/minute. 9Rs/hr.

Apporx 200Rs /day

~ 6000Rs/month.

Nope worthless even with 24x7 calling!

The ads are coming on numbers of subscribers of idea too. I don't think Idea will allow anything like this.

It turns out that, it was Airtel. They never told me that they have started precall announcement on my number.
Btw, I like how they call Ads as precall announcement.
oEOsGB4.jpg