Internet still not working

@manojrk No, 16 Mbps ADSL. 500 GB plans are not available with VDSL and FTTH. I'd rather have high FUP at lower speeds. I used to reset ACT's 200 GB FUP at least twice a month.

Same here, I work from home for couple of days in a week and would be needing minimum of 500GB. I read somewhere that Airtel has plans with up to 1TB FUP on VDSL but idk why they're very reluctant on making it available in Chennai.

How much does the 500 GB Airtel plan cost? Never knew this existed.
It's Rs. 3000 plus taxes. Maximum feasible speed will be given.

Similar plans:
KJXrglu.png

They gave me national voice also free with the 3K plan. Not sure why they are not giving high FUP plans with VDSL. Maybe they are still testing the technology before making it widely available.

I'm thinking of dumping ACT too, this level of service (or lack of service) is unacceptable. Unfortunately, Airtel option isn't available for me, I've to go for BSNL or give JioFi a try.

@Zaphod acc to airtel site any plan above 1k for adsl can be availed on vdsl/vfiber without any plan change.

Did they explicitly said no for 3k plan? twitter is your friend.

@igloo Call center said only ADSL is possible. Which area are you in? Anna Nagar here. Checking with their Twitter support.

121 reps are often misinformed. Always tweet or email Airtel.

I'm thinking of dumping ACT too, this level of service (or lack of service) is unacceptable. Unfortunately, Airtel option isn't available for me, I've to go for BSNL or give JioFi a try.

Similar situation, Airtel is not available in my street. But BSNL is there.

I got a message from ACT that, as a small gesture, they have increased my speed and data limit for January. But my connection is still not restored, so not sure what I can do with the extra benefit.

@Fiber_Optic Lol this is the same situation many users are in.. so confused..and when i asked for a new connection. They said it may take 30 days for a new connection.

Yes. Don't go for a new connection now. Most of their teams are probably busy fixing existing networks. If possible, just wait until things return back to normal and then go for it. I went ahead and bought a JioFi device, even if ACT comes back I think I would stick with Jio as my back-up source of internet.

My connection was finally restored. Getting 125 Mbps as part of their "small gesture". They seem to have cleaned up their backhaul as well. Getting an insane 55 Mbps on fast.com.

Well, it's one month since the storm and the network is still down and I've no idea when it'll get restored. I was earlier given 10th Dec as the date by which the network would be fixed, that date came and went without anything happening. I'm looking forward to Jio Fiber launch, hopefully they'll cover my area.