Do not accept Technicolor TC7200 Router from Hathway

• Thread starter Thread starter gambit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 15,911
I got this same shitty modem/router.

I have put this on modem only. Disabled the wireless feature and hooked it up to my netgear R7000 router.

This modem freezes so frequently at random times.

Any other solution guys? I insisted hathway to change my modem to some other company but they say they have this only.

This shitty modem can't even set LAN IP to 192.168.1.1 (Default is 192.168.0.1)

It think I am setting it to 192.168.100.1 and errors out.

I got the same router, and I also connected a Netgear router to it. How do I set the Technicolor Router on Modem only mode? Is it just disabling the Wireless interface or do I have to do something else as well?

I got this same shitty modem/router.

I have put this on modem only. Disabled the wireless feature and hooked it up to my netgear R7000 router.

This modem freezes so frequently at random times.

Any other solution guys? I insisted hathway to change my modem to some other company but they say they have this only.

Hi, I just want to know how did you disabled the router of your tc7200.d1 and connected your personal router.

Got mine today as a replacement from a cable only modem. Shall have this changed later.

Anyhow for records pls and ppl landing here with same query... note the following steps to set this modem + router + wifi as just plain MODEM.

1 - Login to admin panel.... in full three in one mode the default ip is 192.168.0.1 (try 192.168.100.1 that works too)
2 - Under Status TAB, go to Switch Mode.
3 - Then select DISABLE Mode. You are DONE.
The thing will only work as MODEM now. Incase you need to revert, Choose the Other IPv4 Only option or IPv4 with IPv6 pass thru option.

BTW also disable the WiFi, under Wireless > Radio > Interface > Disabled and Wireless > Primary Network > Disabled

1 - Login to admin panel.... in full three in one mode the default ip is 192.168.0.1 (try 192.168.100.1 that works too)
How to get access to the admin panel? I tried admin/admin for user/pass but doesn't work. I tried hardware resetting the device too. Any ideas?