Amazon Pay Platform

I would like to Gift something to my friend.

But now I dont have time to purchase anything.

So I have decided to Gift him Amazon gift card.

I need some clarity:
  1. If I select eGift card and give my email address. Can my friend still redeem it using his own account (his own email)?
    Like say I share the gift card code with him and he puts code in his account and gets the balance.

2. How much time does it take to get a card?
    Some bad reviews say that - it took them 24hours!

3. Can Indian person gift card via Amazon.com?
    It appears that its works only in USA which is fine for me as friend is from USA

4. Can he purchase anything from Amazon.com? Or some items / categories have limitations?

5. What is expiry date? It appears there is no expiry but just wanted to make sure.

Thank you in advance.

Gift card code can be used on any account irrespective of the email it was mailed to.

It can take anywhere from minutes to hours. It depends on Amazon's security measures. If you have previously ordered gift cards, it should go through fairly easily. If not, it might take some time.

You can login using your Amazon.in details at Amazon.com and order a gift card.

I've never come across anything on Amazon.com that coudn't be purchased using gift cards (except gift cards themselves, of course).

It won't ever expire.

1. Yes. I have done that
2. I have ordered several time and I have always received it in minutes (both on Amazon.in and amazon.com)
3. Yes. When I have to send gift card to some one is US, I log in to amazon.com (same account work on both amazon.in and amazon.com) and order the gift card.
4.I have not found any item that I (or people, to whom I have gifted the card) wanted to order but I could not order.

I have noticed that gift cards have 1 year validity from the date of purchase.

India has one year Validity. You can of course order something and cancel and get a refund which extends it by another year.

Grrrr... Freecharge Go did not work!! 🙁

Any solution / help?

Weird thing is that Amazon.com just asked for card number and expiry!!

No CVV - no OTP nothing!! Thats kind of scary!!

Last edited:
Grrrr... Freecharge Go did not work!! 🙁

Any solution / help?

Weird thing is that Amazon.com just asked for card number and expiry!!

No CVV - no OTP nothing!! Thats kind of scary!!
OTP/CVV are not required on international sites. This extra layer of security is due to RBI rules. The reason why our indian debit cards don't work on foreign sites.

CVV is a global thing! International Cards have it. It's asked on international online stores. :neutral:

Got it done via a friend!!

Thanks everyone for replies!