Little doubt regarding no. of MB's used

bad_till_bones

GraveYard
ISP
Airtel Home 649 - 256kbps
Hello,

First of all, my modem is in always ON condition (connected to UPS), so it gets ON when the PC boots up and only goes OFF when the PC is shutdown.

If I want to know the exact number of MB's left in my quota (TriB 590 NU plan - 500MB per month), can I just take the power cable out of the modem (to end the current session) and then plug it in back (to start a new session) and check the http://register.bol.net.in site to get the updated figure? Will the figure be the latest one?

If not, whts the other alternative besides checking it the next time I boot my PC?

Please note, I wud like to keep my modem in always ON mode only.

Thnx..... 🙂

what u're currently doing is the only way to get updated figures of ur usage... in case u're not using any other software to record ur data use...i don't use any software and mine is always on as well, as u said...gets off with the comp...but i sure do restart it whenever i need to check the usage...though unplugging is not the only way...u can do it from the modem configurations page as well...🙂

u can disable the connection by right clicking on the connection window.. also u can just unplug the tel cable from the socket instead of pulling the power cable