• Thread starter Thread starter xyx2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,969

xyx2000

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Just got a call from Airtel, they are offering me free unlimited calls , 120gb data @ 2mbps for 6 months at Rs 350 including tax . I agreed lets see , they said i could continue my existing plan after 6 months .

At 2Mbps? I thought the minimum speed Airtel offers at any place is 4 these days.

Was the caller "genuine" Airtel representative and not some random scam caller? Hope you didn't divulge any "sensitive" personal information while taking up this offer 😀

They did not ask any info , they told me my address , it was genuine, they knew the plan i was on . Their engineer will come tomorrow for installing the wifi modem ( again free of charge ) .

And I thought my offer was good 😱penedeyewink:

At 2Mbps? I thought the minimum speed Airtel offers at any place is 4 these days.

There are in fact a lot of places which still get only 2mbps, one of which happened to be my society in Gurgaon, until Spectranet moved in with their 100mbps plans. All of a sudden Airtel panicked and started upgrading their infra and I understand they now offer up to 16mbps but have no takers.

Seems to be a combatant to BSNL's 6 months @ 249 & then 499 offer. So might be genuine. Whats the plan offered post 6 months.

does not feel like airtel to be honest. it is probably not profitable enough for them to cater to this market.

i believe they suggest you apply for disconnection again after six months to get a call that would allow you to continue on your retention plan.

It is not a retention plan , did not ask for disconnection , I did not have broadband activated, so this was offered to get me to try broadband again, rs 99 unlimited calls top up and rs500 discount for 6 months has been applied to my account on the rs699 plan.