1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer: Now free till March 2017

Discussion in 'Reliance Jio' started by Sushubh, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

I love how people keep on defending Jio by comparing them to Airtel and Vodafone. If this is the standard they are going to compare themselves to, they are not setting a high bar for themselves. It's cheaper than Airtel so you have no right to complain? Really?

2. Dhiraj

Dhiraj Active Member
    Regulars

I am not talking about the quality of their network, but the quantity of data.

And if we do talk about quality , I have personally had 0 down times on their network and fantastic speeds. And I am getting good network at places where Vodafone goes into 2G. It may not be true for others but I am speaking for my experience.

Schmuck likes this.
  3. HE-MAN

HE-MAN Member
    Regulars

its very simple. People pay 250rs for 1gb so Jio says here take daily 1gb free till 31st march, use our free service and be happy also you get unlimited free calling. It's perfectly okay cause we arent suppose to use this as a BB substitute. 4GB per day was congesting network according to Jio. 1gb per day will give more consistent performance to all.

4. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

the problem was that people were sold lyf devices with the promise that the service would be unlimited everywhere till december end. i do not see lines outside the reliance digital store anymore. i do not see anyone excited about getting a jio sim anymore. people who have it are using it because they have it already and it is free for whatever it is providing them. we would not see how the same customers would react with quality of service or change of terms randomly once they start paying... of course it remains to be seen when jio would be 'ready enough' to start charging for their services. it is clear that even after 3-4-5-6 months of beta testing, they still have no clue how to provide a decent enough service that they can get out of 'test phase'. sure it makes for great headlines that jio has extended the free period to march next year... the reality is that they are still not ready to start charging for whatever service they are providing right now. even with daily/monthly FUPs.

anyhow... there is no point arguing in this thread anymore. people tend to ignore flaws in their service providers when they are paying little or nothing in this case. and that is what causes a drop in service quality across the market because competition notice that people are ready to accept a lower quality standard for a cheaper price. rcom did it with calls. jio would do it with whatever is left.

5. HE-MAN

HE-MAN Member
    Regulars

the only thing i was pissed off was the introduction of 4gb limit from sep 5, where I bought jiofi 2 on aug 22. After sep 22 where I was put on welcome offer I have not used Jio. I still think something should be done against Jio since they did not provide 3 months unlimited to lyf device customers

6. int

int The dumbest programmer
    Regulars

A brand that has little respect for their promises will never get loyal customers. Like JIO like AVOID. Telecom giants are petty thieves. Be it call drops, bad network peering, be it deducting balance for no reason. AVOID is no better than JIO in neither way. In fact QOS of JIO is better for people who have to travel a lot. Better stick with the cheaper alternative.

7. HE-MAN

HE-MAN Member
    Regulars

started using bsnl 3g although it's good. Bsnl sends a lot of obscene popup and inbox messages. its really annoying. "Kya aap mujhe bhul gaye ho ab baat bhi nahi karoge" dial this this to call. Bsnl WTF not cool

Robin Puri and Sushubh like this.
  8. Robin Puri

Robin Puri Member
    Regulars

@HE-MAN Yeah! true! lol. Are you using Mobile hotspot or a dongle?

9. munabhai

munabhai Member
    Regulars

Jio internet is deteriorating, can't even stream a video from voot without buffering. Download also gets stop midway have to restart the router every time to get it working again. Jio is becoming useless for me already looking for another internet provider.

10. Saurabh Srivastava

Saurabh Srivastava Well-Known Member
    Regulars

Go for Full DND, BSNL never offers special offers to selected users so their is no use to tolerate those messages.

Tags: