Two ISP's working out of three. Require some networking help.

• Thread starter Thread starter salaxzar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,571

salaxzar

ISP
airtel
Hey Guys,

Require some help. Two days ago, I got excitel installed. Before I got excitel, I had 2 ISP's i.e. Airtel and Hathway

Airtel - Normal ADSL modem (ip gateway 192.168.2.1)
Hathway - Fiber modem plugged into a router (Tenda, IPoE) (192.168.3.1)

Now Excitel got installed with their own router (small white router) with IP range 192.168.0.1

However, since excitel has got installed, my hathway isnt working. IPoE keeps showing connecting only. Once or twice it worked on laptop but it assumed some dynamic ip 115.72.192.xx (which was weird because I had specific Lan IP as 192.168.3.1. I have enabled DHCP server for Hathway.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

To answer your question would like to know the method you adopted to connect all three together for work. do you use them simultaneously or separately ?
as most of the ISP (fiber/copper/CCA-Copper Clad Aluminium) provide pre-configured MODEMS only with Ethernet out port.... UPnP.

Last edited:
I do not use them simultaneously (that would require high level networking which I am incapable of 😛). Excitel and Hathway are for me, whereas Airtel is for mom dad.

Hi,
There is nothing complex about using multiple ISP's together.... just buy and install a load balancer from TP-Link. It comes with two port speeds GBPS, MBPS... depending on your requirement+budget+future adaptability install any one of them + a wireless router which supports guest mode..... assign the guest mode to your parent wireless connection with specified bandwidth and use multiple ISP with combined speed together.

The Ip you've mentioned for hathway/Tenda is your static IP or IP range given to the dhcp server.? have you checked with the ISP that everything working well from der side.?

Rgds,

An even better solution would be to use Pfsense. Ideally you do not want to be load balancing tho, although it works great on that. Have separate subnets/VLANs and route them accordingly.

Also Pfsense is free and open source. Can be slapped on a low end x86 system.

sorry, forgot to update you guys. I played a lot with DHCP server settings in both excitel and hathway routers and dunno what happened, suddenly all three started working. lol. Never touching the settings again.

If connecting individually then setting don't interfere unless you set pvt ip address on pc.
I was thinking may be your hathway was down for sometime and you were putting blame on internal settings.

Naa hathway wasn't down. All were working if I connected the Lan wire directly, but now via WIFI. I don't generally touch settings, however excitel installation was done when I was at work and when i reached home, I saw that hathway isn't working.