Yes Bank

As part of the process of shutting down my account in Standard Chartered, I am applying for a new savings account in Yes Bank.One of the primary reason is the 7% interest they give on savings accounts. Apart from that, I have little idea.Wanted to hear about user experiences about their offline and online services and of course about any hidden charges.

Applied. Their bank statement generation is not flawless. 4-5 years worth of statement is accessible online. But you can only download 3 months in one go. Annoying but better than Standard Chartered.
HDFC seems to have the best downloading mechanism. But I do not like that bank.

HDFC is still better, be it Internet Banking, be it their wider availability across country.

sarkari bank like attitude?

I have an account with yes bank for 9 months now. I am happy. I opened my account to avail 7% interest payments and I get interest credited every 3 months. I haven't faced any hidden charges problem.

that's good if they crediting interest every 3 months that too @ 7 %. i agree with admin on hdfc, i too had never liked them.
icici, hdfc,sbi all credit in 6 months. that's a huge difference in half-yearly and quarterly calculated interest

plus i see that they do not charge rs 15 for sms alerts per quarter like other banks do.
they also do not charge for neft transfers which icici does @ rs 5 + st for rs 10,000 above.

For how long is the question. Standard Chartered was quite nice when I got my account there!

They are good. Good online services. No charges for sms. No charges for withdrawing from other atms. I didn't have a choice but I would certainly recommend it to others.

I don't need to go to HDFC branch more than once or twice a year.
So apart from Blunders they did with Netsafe, the banking process is fine for me with 99.99% online.