• Thread starter Thread starter cyberwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,481

cyberwiz

Member since 2005
ISP
Jio Fiber @ 150 Mbps
Hi guys,My DSL 502 T conked off yesterday !! First it wouldn't log me onto the net , the ADSL log showed PAP authentication error, so i ran the wizard to change the password but while the password was being updated, the modem hanged. I turned off the power with crossed fingers, but wat i feared the most happened and the modem went kaput with only the power light on.I got a new one today but iam getting the same authentication error. Every time i have to manually type in the password (i hv changed the default password given by MTNL) to log on and no matter how much i try to save it, i have to type it in again the next time modem is rebooted. Interestingly, the earlier modem was workin fine with this new password of mine until suddenly it started giving the error referred to above.I think its all related to that firmware glitch, anybody has any idea where to get the new firmware? I have already sent mail to D-Link support India after failing to find new firmware for this model on their website.Agnivo was one fellow who had faced this problem and had successfully updated the firmware of his 502T but he's no longer on this forum. Anybody's got his email or the URL of his forum?? Its my advice to all 502T users to pls locate the firmware and update your respective modems to save yourself from unnecessary hassles coz u never know when its gonna fail.

Update on the above post - the authentication error issue has been resolved by me 🙂 Actually the password for MTNL has to be changed at 2 places. Do it manually dont run the wizard coz the wizard brought my downfall last time. 1. At the WAN setting under the home Tab >> click apply2. At the ATM-VCC setting under the Advanced Tab >> click apply3. Reboot from the Tools Tab>>Misc>>Force RebootThe Firmware glitch still remains though 🙁

Hey.When my router died, MTNL replaced it and I got the router with a newer firmware..DSL-502T.I recently purchased a router too and its with a newer firmware (All is fixed in the firmware). You can take the router to nearest D-Link service centre and get it flashed with newer firmware....D-Link is very much aware of the firmware problems and the new batch is with a newer firmware which works without any problems..

can u pls post ur firmware version.Firmware can be updated at home as well provided u are able to lay ur hands on new firmware. But goin to D-Link centre to get it done is a safer bet coz u r not responsible if they screw it up.

Thnx, i know abt that link. Have u updated ur firmware from that site?

Originally posted by muttster`@Jul 8 2005, 04:53 PM
Hey.
When my router died, MTNL replaced it and I got the router with a newer firmware..DSL-502T.I recently purchased a router too and its with a newer firmware (All is fixed in the firmware). You can take the router to nearest D-Link service centre and get it flashed with newer firmware....D-Link is very much aware of the firmware problems and the new batch is with a newer firmware which works without any problems..
[snapback]15429[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi there.. after 2 months my router finally died today...
What are my options?
I have contacted mtnl for a new router, but they are useless. Can i buy another new router myself? and Where in mumbai is the d-link service center?

Thanks.

ha even my router died after 2 monthsCalls didnt help so i went to their store house where all routers r stacked and got a new1 myself with a chit frm that manager and returned the oldThat old router was taken without a hitch 🙂

This is the hotline number for D-Link:1600222002anybody wanting to experiment can call this number for help.btw has anyone tried to upgrade their firmware by themselves and succeeded at that?

@sanke1: could u please tell me where exactly is the store house in mumbai? i think ill go and exchange mine too.. thanks..

Originally posted by oogamous@Aug 25 2005, 09:38 AM
@sanke1: could u please tell me where exactly is the store house in mumbai? i think ill go and exchange mine too.. thanks..
[snapback]23122[/snapback]
[/quote]

Its dependent on the area u r living
ask helpline about ur local area stores