Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel

Source

qgzbyw.jpglarge

I'm not sure how many people would comfortably enter their credit/debit card details on someone's mobile phone.

Even though debit card charges is 0% right now, I bet those few assholes who charge 2% extra on transactions , will also do so to debit cards

We are committed to Digital India

Post our launch, we have had several discussions with stakeholders on how we can make this process even more secure. Based on some suggestions from the industry, we have decided to add additional certifications and features before making it available to merchants. We will re-launch this product as soon as we have updated the product. We are working closely with everyone in the cards ecosystem with the commitment to expand digital payment acceptance in the country.

When they launched this I was not sure if this was valid / acceptable method / way for card payments.

I think Paytm later realized it and hence withdrew it.

one way they could have done it that would have served some part of the market was to generate a qr code that opened a web page on user's phone on Paytm domain where he could pay using debit/credit card himself on his own device. but of course, the process remains cumbersome and requires the user to have a smartphone with internet connection.

the only way to offer a pos solution using a phone is to provide a square type mobile accessory. though square has been forced to look at different solution because of the missing headphone slot in the latest iPhone.

Source

Source