DNS Problems on Excitel Broadband

I had been calling the LCO since december, but he was having some dispute with Excitel, so was not getting upgraded to Fiber network. His staff kept on giving me new date every time, since december, and even stopped answering my calls.
Now last month his staff called me saying, Fiber is available. But as i was suffering from Covid, asked him to call me in May month. He also told me that ONU of ₹1000 is not available, and only ₹2000 ONU+router is available.

Now i'm a bit sceptical, whether i should take the plunge or not for Excitel Fiber, for 12 months plan which is 499/month for 300mbps or 450/month for 200mbps. As the staff's behaviour is typical local cable wala types.

Or should i go for ACT Fiber for 799/month for 150 mbps with Free Router & Installation without any security, whose staff was very professional, when i took a 1 month trial plan in January.

I guess + GST@18% in all cases.

If you have been using Excitel... you already know the quality of service... fiber will just increase the stability...

Last edited:
I have been using Hathway 50mbps since 3 yrs. & got Jio+ACT trial for 2 months.
So don't know about this Excitel LCO's reputation or service Quality in my area.
Google Maps reviews for Excitel are bad for Excitel in every location, wherever i search.

dumb onu is not available for new customers afaik. So if you will be a new excitel customer then maybe get it for 1 month with 2k rs onu . then try getting the dumb onu by creating a ticket on my excitel portal .
in any case - paying for yearly package is a dumb idea

I guess getting a 4 month 300 mbps plan at 636/month would be a better way, to test the services of LCO & still get a better discount of 30% on 1 month plan price of ₹900.

If the LCO service is bad, then atleast headache would be shortlived. & If everything goes good, then will renew for 9 month plan thereafter.

Has the price of the dumb ONU increased to 1k?
Iirc there used to be 3 types of ONUs.

dumb ONU increased to 1k?
Seems like, few users reported that 1k is price for dumb onu now. Excitel website only mentions 2k device now. The one with single band wifi was discontinued last year, due to excitel launching high speed plans on fiber.

Last edited:
So excitel has started being a bitch again about DNSs.
Below is GDToT | Simple Plot to Manage and Share Drive with your Friends w/ 1.1.1.1 DNS w/o TLS or HTTPS.

Using normal 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 in DNS settings on router.

1.1.1.1/help reports I am not connected to them

After a few hard refreshes it says I am connected. So DNS w/o TLS or HTTPS is still being hijacked randomly.

So apparently, LCO guys will never improve.

Now they says, that they are not getting to buy the ₹1 lac ONT, due to Lockdown.
and again asked me to wait for 1 week more.

Their excuses don't have an expiration date, but a small refresh rate.
After sales, would be no different i guess.

Now i won't get Jio, as i have stopped supporting Corrupt Co's.
Airtel doesn't have Fiber in my area.
Hathway won't upgrade to Fiber.
Tata Sky has bad reputation & expensive plans.
Only left is ACT Fibernet.