Sony Bravia

I think he was talking about the top & bottom black borders in the picture & not the bazel.... try downloading a nice 720p movie & playing on it & see the diff 🙂 pming u a link to download movies with 720p with a size of less than 1GB 🙂...

dude ... can you PM me the link too .. thx

Congrats to both of u for getting new Flat Panels!!@ ajuravi.......Ur TV mite b having a resolution of 1366 x 768, and thats "HD Ready". Otherwise u have got it right that it surely isnt Full HD.But i didnt understand, how cudnt u make out the difference in picture when u saw Full HD Channels on those 2 TVs.......i mean Full HD TV shud certainly give u a better Picture than HD Ready TV!!Just recently i had compared SD channels of such TVs. 1 of my relatives have a similar Plasma TV with HD Ready resolution, and screen size is 42" as well. The picture in it looked more magnified, than it appears on my TV, which is 42", but has Full HD resolution.Leave that.......i adjust the resolution of my Desktop too. When i am seated far away from it, i resize it to 1366 x 768, or even 1024 x 768 so that it gets magnified & can be viewed from a distance.

BBC's life is the best thing i've ever seen in 1080p

I have to say ... BBC's life is really one of the most awesome documentaries I've ever seen .. I wish it was in 3D .. would have been a Paisa wasool experience for my 3D TV

@IndianMascot

ya I was talking about the black borders inside the TV lol @ Raj pointed it out correctly..

.fr min I thought you were actually talking about Samsung making it possible to watch tv without black borders 😛

I think he was talking about the top & bottom black borders in the picture & not the bazel.... try downloading a nice 720p movie & playing on it & see the diff 🙂 pming u a link to download movies with 720p with a size of less than 1GB 🙂...

there are no 720p movies less than 1gb unless they have been compressed too much causing lots of detail loss . a 720p movie of about 100 mins will atleast be 5 gb if not compressed too much . if not compressed at all then movie will atleast be 8 gb to 12 gb .

why would anyone like to watch 720 movies in less than 1 gb causing great detail loss .
no 1080p movie can be less than 10 gb (about 2 hours long ) and thats also after compressing greatly by best video compressers but in high quality mode . resolution doesn't matter much if you're gonna lose all the details .

As you've already bought the tv , i can't really help you but i must tell you that your tv is not full hd . always buy LED models on less -than-50-inch models , plasma is better for 50+ inch models ( better black levels as compared to LED TVs of 50+ ) although in about an year LED TVs will be on par with plasmas even in 50+ inch TVs . you won't see much difference in quality watching asli hd channels but you'll see difference when watching blue-ray movies . you can only get 720p 3d tvs under 80k. good full hd 3d TVs stil cost a lot although present 3D technology on TVs is very cheap for manufacturers but they price them on higher side as people don't know much about 3D. hope that helped you .
Thanks for your information...

Congrats to both of u for getting new Flat Panels!!

@ ajuravi.......

Ur TV mite b having a resolution of 1366 x 768, and thats "HD Ready". Otherwise u have got it right that it surely isnt Full HD.

But i didnt understand, how cudnt u make out the difference in picture when u saw Full HD Channels on those 2 TVs.......i mean Full HD TV shud certainly give u a better Picture than HD Ready TV!!

Just recently i had compared SD channels of such TVs. 1 of my relatives have a similar Plasma TV with HD Ready resolution, and screen size is 42" as well. The picture in it looked more magnified, than it appears on my TV, which is 42", but has Full HD resolution.

Leave that.......i adjust the resolution of my Desktop too. When i am seated far away from it, i resize it to 1366 x 768, or even 1024 x 768 so that it gets magnified & can be viewed from a distance.

Thanks Buddy 🙂

Congrats to both of u for getting new Flat Panels!!

@ ajuravi.......

Ur TV mite b having a resolution of 1366 x 768, and thats "HD Ready". Otherwise u have got it right that it surely isnt Full HD.

But i didnt understand, how cudnt u make out the difference in picture when u saw Full HD Channels on those 2 TVs.......i mean Full HD TV shud certainly give u a better Picture than HD Ready TV!!

Just recently i had compared SD channels of such TVs. 1 of my relatives have a similar Plasma TV with HD Ready resolution, and screen size is 42" as well. The picture in it looked more magnified, than it appears on my TV, which is 42", but has Full HD resolution.

Leave that.......i adjust the resolution of my Desktop too. When i am seated far away from it, i resize it to 1366 x 768, or even 1024 x 768 so that it gets magnified & can be viewed from a distance.

I could not see much of the difference when i saw Asli HD channels in FULL HD LED TV and Plasma HDTV .....but yes when they played the blue ray movie i could find a bit of a difference....

My suggestion to you guys...if you want to go for 3D with Fulld HD TV go for LG TV LED TV....its just amazing watching the 3D in LG...I had compared the 3D LG tv with Samsung 3D TV...LG 3d is many times better than Samsung 3D TV...I sw the demo depth of the picture too good it cant even be comapred with Samsung 3D TV...

there are no 720p movies less than 1gb unless they have been compressed too much causing lots of detail loss . a 720p movie of about 100 mins will atleast be 5 gb if not compressed too much . if not compressed at all then movie will atleast be 8 gb to 12 gb .

why would anyone like to watch 720 movies in less than 1 gb causing great detail loss .
no 1080p movie can be less than 10 gb (about 2 hours long ) and thats also after compressing greatly by best video compressers but in high quality mode . resolution doesn't matter much if you're gonna lose all the details .

Agreed. Below is the detail of 2012 Video which I had posted 😉

Codec..........: H.264
Resolution.....: 1920x1080
Bitrate........: 3.2 Mbps
Framerate......: 24fps
Audio..........: AC3 Dolby Digital 5.1CH Surround (384kbs)
Subtitles......: None
Extension......: M2TS
Size - 4 GiB (4291614539 Bytes)

If the Compressed Video was having so beautiful colors and textures, then Uncompressed Video would be more awesome 🙂

Err I dont think I ever claimed that the 720p rips that I proposed were of fantastic out of this world quality... Ofcourse the smaller size files will be of less quality than the larger ones but not everyone has the bandwidth capability to download 10-20GB per movie... These 720p rips of around 650mb size & I find them of having much better quality than the 1.5GB Avis or even the 700MB mkvs... I normally download timepass movies from this link like con air or a few good men etc etc... I dont really need these movies in 5-10GB sizes right now... Maybe when I have a better connection maybe I will start downloading all movies in 5-10GB sizes... BTW I do download movies that I truly like in the max quality that I can afford(for example I have the LOTR trilogy with a file size of 34 GB)...

PS I m sending u a link for avatar director's cut with the following details... its only a 4GB file so pls chk weather it really is good quality or not...

Movie name ................: Avatar Extended Collector Edition (2010)
Movie info.................: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/Movie
Lenght ..............: 2:51:32 (removed credits from 2:58:09)
File size .................: 4.00GiB
File Container ............: MP4
Video Source ..............: BLURAY MPEG4 AVC
Video Format ..............: MPEG4 AVC HIGH PROFILE LEVEL 4
Video Aspect Ratio ........: 16:9
Video Attributes ..........: 23.976 fps 1920x1080 @ 3114 kbit/s
Video Commpresion Technique: Quality Enhancer Bitrate Squeezer 3.4
Video colour matrix .......: BT.709-5Audio1 Source .............:
BluRay - DTS HD core 5.1Audio1 Format .............: AAC HE 5.1
Audio1 Attributes .........: 218 kbit/s

Aju bhai, just forget about resolutions/hd/blah blah and just enjoy watching TV 🙂I lost my sleep wanting my older (4 year old) LCD TV to be this and that.. I had put technology infront of my TV viewing and I did not get satisfied no matter what I did with the settings..So my sincere advice is please don't worry too much about resolution and other tech detail and JUST ENJOY VIEWING YOUR WONDERFUL NEW TV putting tech behind! Tech will surely get outdated some day or the other.. With personal hard experience, I've learnt that trying to catch up with tech by updating will just burn a big hole in your budget! In the beginning I went "aah ooh" with my purchase but once I realized the value for $$$ I learnt my lesson and am happy with what I have. But having said that, I normally upgrade TVs every 5 years.. 🙂Hope I helped somewhat!

Rls.Date...: 11.11.2010
Rating.....: 8.3/10 270,622 votes
Genre......: Action|Adventure|Fantasy|Sci-Fi
Size.......: 15660 MB
Runtime....: 2:58:09
Video......: 1920x1080 10782 kbps
Audio......: Eng DTS 1509 kbps

Subtitles..: English

Notes

16 minutes longer than
the theatrical cut.

------------------------------------------------------------------

this is the best quality there is of avatar . if you want avatar in 3d , its of 18 GiB. i didn't like avatar in theatres as it failed to live up to the hype( atleast for me ) , just downloaded the 3d version for my 3D plasma( samsung PS51D550) . watched on both 3D LED of my friend and my 3D PLASMA . picture quality was same on both displays but in a dark room , plasma had a much better picture quality but the best picture quality was on my friend's Acer 27 inch 3D monitor using nvidia 3d vision . AVATAR doesn't have much other than great visuals so i suggest downloading the bigger sized file rather than the 4GiB file . the 4GiB file is great if you want to play it on an ipad or a laptop or any other mobile device with HD ready display (768p display ).

Thats what I was saying. If Video Quality is better, it hardly matter you are watching it on Plasma, LCD or LED TV