Excitel Broadband appears to have doubled speeds on all plans! (Through December as well!)

• Thread starter Thread starter varungarg455
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 14,666
how are you guys getting 4.3 mb/sec on peered torrents on 799 plan :O either yours is glitched or something or mine is not working correctly. i hope philip sees this and clarifies our doubts

Get a healthy torrent with good number of seeds.... try to get top of the line....

You will get such speed...

i checked with 2-3 well seeded torrents and i was getting 25 mbps ( 2.8mb/sec ) in these torrents :/ if its supposed to be 20+20= 40 mbps in torrents then i think im having some issues . i think ill wait for philip to see and comment on this

Torrents are Peer to Peer technology, so when you are downloading something popular that is locally available in Excitel Network you get 20 Mbps Peering speed, but also you will download from External peers with 20 Mbps more, as you also have 20 Mbps Internet Speed.

This way Speeds are combined and you can get total 40 Mbps speed on single torrent. Sometimes the Bittorrent Client software (utorrent) is smart and if it detects FAST Local Peers (in Peering) then it doesn't utilize the Internet Speed and only downloads from Peering as it might only need 2-3 Local Peers to get the Max speed, whereas from External Peers it might need to connect 20-30 to get max speed.

When could we get Exitel here ? It's available in opposite side of my Colony not this side ?

Torrents are Peer to Peer technology, so when you are downloading something popular that is locally available in Excitel Network you get 20 Mbps Peering speed, but also you will download from External peers with 20 Mbps more, as you also have 20 Mbps Internet Speed.

This way Speeds are combined and you can get total 40 Mbps speed on single torrent. Sometimes the Bittorrent Client software (utorrent) is smart and if it detects FAST Local Peers (in Peering) then it doesn't utilize the Internet Speed and only downloads from Peering as it might only need 2-3 Local Peers to get the Max speed, whereas from External Peers it might need to connect 20-30 to get max speed.

so what can i do to make sure that i get full 20 ( from internal peering ) + 20 ( from external seeds ) ? i have tried it a lot of times . downloaded well seeded top search list torrents. my speeds just hover b/w 20-25 mbps. it never goes beyond that.

Have you considered that the problem can be in wireless router? Have you tried on Cable directly?

There are many Wifi Routers that are having hard time to deliver more than 20-25 Mbps speeds, especially on torrents and especially when not sitting next to them, so let's first clear this possible issue.

one thing you can try is connecting the cable directly to pc and logging in manually using pppoe dialer that ships with computer. that is probably the best way to test speeds. though i doubt you are going to get lucky by finding peers both local and outside as torrent client would stick to local ips and ignore outstation ips while downloading.

its January 6th and speeds are still 50mbps. wish someone can confirm if they have actually extended it for this month as well as my renewal is due in next 2days, so i can renew for 1699 instead of 799

I switched to 20mbps plan last month so I do not get additional speed on peering. Can't help 🙂

Here
i switched to excitel
installed within couple of hours😀
i chose plan 1159/-
30 mbps peering + 25 mbps surfing
my torrent speed

excitel.jpg