What download speeds you get?

The average speed you get. State the high end and the low end.
Using P2P clients. (State the the different speeds you get on different P2P clients)
Is browsing the web very slow when you are downloading something.
How much do you get from direct downloading of a FTP server or from sites like download.com
and
Whats the maximum speed you ever achieved on the internet.
(All answers in KBps and Not Kbps)

as for me

The average speed is between 9 to 18 kBps
On P2P clients
Limerwire 24kBps max on average 6kBps
Bitcomet a speed of between 9kBps to 16kBps
Emule gives me about 6 to 8 but if i find a good source then speeds do reach up to 30 kBps
When i am downloading then browsing is slow but not impossible.
From FTP servers the speeds are between 12 to 18KBps

and Finally

The Max speed i ever achieved was on the day when my ISP was testing the network and had uncapped all speeds. I got downloading realplayer from download.com (Can we have a drum roll please) a speed of 350KBps. 😀

PLease do mention what BB package you are using too,,,,,Mine is TATA64kbpsLimewire: max 8kBps, avg 3kBpsemule: on checking my port , some website says it is blocked (i'd be grateful for any help)Shareaza: max 12kBps, avg 7kBps(i guess the following torrent stuff depends on the number of sources...)Bitcomet: max 12kBps, avg 4kBpsAzureus: same as aboveBittornado: max 12 kBps, avg: 6kBpsHavnt tried FTP servers...(the above average speeds are the way they are, because i use more than 1 p2p software running simultaneously)I leave my pc on the whole time, and the download meters should show if there are any unexpected bursts....but none so far 🙁

Hey Dude. don't get surprised to listen i usually get 80-90 KBps downlaod & upload speed. but in night, it increases to 150-250KBps. don't think that i don't know the difference between kbps & KBps. I am running internet service and now ready to expand it to the corners of the country.

Hey Man, not right now, coz i said i am expanding to the corners of india not to the top of india. but do not worry, i am doing a research work. as soon as this research will complete, i will make entire mumbai a WiFi Zone.

Spacecom Broadband? are you associated with exatt?

Hey, How do you know this company? I am not tied up with this ISP but know many things about it. but tell me one thing, why you straight way pointed on this name?

samar- finding out spacecom wouldn't have been difficult. After all, sushubh is the mod. Every post shows the ip of the poster. He would just need to do a reverse ip lookup or a tracer route to find out the isp.

yup. i am always interested in IPs of people who talk about high speed broadband connectivity in india! 😀

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jul 29 2005, 07:25 PM
yup. i am always interested in IPs of people who talk about high speed broadband connectivity in india! 😀
[snapback]18879[/snapback]
[/quote]

LOL!!! :lol:

when I was with sify and hotwire 128 kbps NU pack,Avg download speed 15 KBps(Using some D/L manager) Upload speed -No idea as I always use netlimiter to decrease my uploads to about 5KBps .With P2Plimewire pro-14 kBps azeurus(torrent)-fluctuates from 5 kBps to 16 KBps ,well good thing about azeurus is download start instantly even if there are just 1 to 2 peers ,and hence fluctuating speeds but later settels to 15KBps .Emule-14-15 KBps but had to wait atleast for 1 hr to 2 hr for D/L to start ,but yes it finds remotest stuff.In the last 3 months time when I was with hotwire atleast for about 6 days on different occations I had speeds of 70 kBps-100 KBps ,when I d/l many movies and other software .

I have an extensive review of my operator, Hathway internet in Bangalore here =>

Well, as for Speeds.. I have a 256 kbps connection:

For direct HTTP connectons: max- 34-35 kBps (Full throttle i guess)
Avg: Generally 20-30 kBps (With d/l Managers)
FTP: Nearly the same but depends on server limitations..

Bit torrent: Ranging from 5 to 30 KBps depending on sources.
Avg: Generally near about 25 if enough sources

Limewire: From 10-30 kBps.. Avging at 20-22

Thats it for Lay man! Now for the technicalities! I recommend u visit that review..
I use AnalogX Netstat live..
It gives realtime stats.. I generally get the avg speed in it as 230-240kbps.. Now the interesting thing is the max parameter in it shows that tghe connection peaks at more than 1000kbps. What do u think?

Pls check the photo i have 'print-screened' here=> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pawanrh/deta...782.jpg&.src=ph

Hey i just noticed in that snap the max is at 7400kb (I'm surprised).. I don know how! But ya.. thats true! At a particular second, the throughput to my comp was 7.4Mb!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, 😀
Pawan