What download speeds you get?

hey i just read todays newspaper! mysore is 100 percent wifi enabled.. And for those interested (like me),Theres WiMax comin.. Bsnl is gonna get its first tower by October n services will start early next Year! 😀

Here is mine>
Speed - 256 Kbps upto 2mbps
Download speed of file with Mozilla Firefox - 36 Kbps
Download Speed with uTorrent - Above 250 Kbps, many times especially at night , it goes upto 800 KBPS:wewin::wewin:

I'm a developer writing applications that use video - so high bandwidth. I was curious about the typical internet speeds outside of North America. Here we can now see speeds in GBps, but it can be quite expensive; a typical plan might be 1500Rs/month. How widespread is high speed internet in India? Just major cities? When I was in India a few years ago it seemed to be all dialup and quite slow.

^ Which part of North America are you in? If you are in the US of A, I am really curious to know which provider gives you speeds in excess of Gbps for $ 30 [since you say Rs. 1500, unless you have got your conversion rates wrong]

I often wonder why more people haven't picked up on the Tata prepaid NU scheme. I get speeds of 3800 kbps in both DDL and (good) torrents.

Strange, because I have hardly had any downtime or major issues. Probably differs by region.