• Thread starter Thread starter puns009
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 19,810

puns009

ISP
bsnl ut300r2u
hi guys,

i have recently taken new LG UHD 43'' TV. i need to upgrade by STB and currently using Normal Hathway SD.

Please suggest if its better to upgrade to Hathway HD Or should i opt for Tata Sky.

My LCO did quote 2500rs for new HD Box and 1 year HD channel with a monthly subscription as i pay him regularly.

Also i noticed Tata sky UHD+ for 13645 rs in their website with New STB ,installation and 1 year subscribtion with almost 72hd channels.

So suggest me which is better. I am pretty sure everyone might say to opt for Tata sky. But still i need to know if Hathway HD is good .

Let me know so i can decide upon.

Thanks

Hathway HD is good but I would suggest go for Tata Sky because of the features that they provide. If you have the budget, go for Tatasky HD PVR as you will be able to schedule the recording even online.

Don't go for UHD box as it is simply expensive and it is not worth it. There is only one channel and I guess even that channel doesn't exist now. So no point in going for UHD box. If you need UHD content, youtube has enough 4k content.

i'll recommend Hathway HD as you get more no of channels over the time minus the feature. Wired operators have enough bandwidth to provide all the channels in Full HD , Tata Sky HD channel capacity is contrained over the time.

So if you need more no channels in better price then opt for Hathway HD.
If you want more features and ease of use then get Tata Sky.

Tnx igloo.
Isit true that if we opt for HD box ,not only we get HD channels but also the clarity of even normal SD channels part of it increases bcz we use HD box over sd box?

one of the major factor is that all of the satellite based dth operators face connection issues in raining and bad weather

Finally I got my Hathway HD box..
I also assume I need to color settings of my Tv to view clearly in hd

Finally I got my Hathway HD box..here is how it looks
I also assume I need to color settings of my Tv to view clearly in hd

If you have a decent internet connection (10 mbps+) then netflix is your best bet for 4k content.

Honestly though on a 43" TV, unless you are very close, you are hardly going to notice the difference. Its really apparent only in 55" +

Only problem I feel using Hathway HD is when changing channels from one to another sometime it increases for changed channel
Otherwise it's good to use and once you do all the brightness sharpness and other settings properly it's good to use

Anything below 40" HD not required.
Anything below 50" UHD not required.

It's for normal no-fuss users not the geek who would check screen from every angle.