Abysmal Torrent Speed on Excitel Broadband

ISP
Excitel
Is Excitel block Torrents? Iam not able to connect anny seeder on any torrent from past 1 week.
diable firewall but same problem.
Contact CC & got a pathetic answer....we provide peering on youtube blah blah and put my complaint on hold 🙁

@Ouch can answer you better.

I do all my torrenting through VPN so haven't faced any issue. Would check again and confirm.

While I tried to use torrent with a free VPN Cyberghost...... but was not able to get any connections...... though seeds and peers were there....

without VPN.... it was very fast..... 3.4mBps....

any free VPN recommendation... which would be useful for torrents....

If you are using VPN, you will not benefit from Peering speed for Torrents that are locally available.

And NO, we don't block anything.

I had this problem. I have a MTNL connection as well and so when I connected to it, torrents seemed to be working fine. What I figured out was that there are two reasons as to why this happens.
  1. Torrent Client
    I was using transmission on linux and was facing problems on excitel but when I started using Deluge things started going well. So you might want to try different clients.
  2. Torrent
    I also found that some torrents were not downloading(despite having good health) so I tried different torrent containing the same content and was able to download it normally. So you might also want to take a look at this.

Last edited:
The torrent client should not matter much but maybe some messed up settings triggered the issue. It's good to know that after change of Client things improved.

If you provide us with a site/URL for which you are not getting speed at all, we can check it and see if we are able to identify a real problem

It could have been that but my friend who is not in the same area as me faced the exact same problem. I was using link-removed.to for the magnet links. I haven't tried any other site recently.

for sharing specific torrent files use personal messaging i guess. google does not like mentions of torrent sites on this site.

Last Month when my usage reached 150GB+ and Torrents were Blocked...............................When my Plan Renew Torrent Blockage was removed automatically & Internet start working properly............
After 1st week of November Im Getting 100kbps to 1Mbps normal download speed & 17Mbps Uploading...while peering Down is 2.3Mbps & uploading solid 20Mbps...............
Contacting to CC gives me feel like iam talking to a puppet...........They can only check ping and put my adapter settings to Full Duplex.......restart router, take out ethernet cable put it back, login to backend and check password But no technician for User.
Excitel don't have any end user support service which make their service like Tikona [jabtak chala sahi chla kharab hua to rote rho].
They are expanding network Aggressively but with 0 Customer support they will be crushed soon by other ISP players...

Now before Philips ask me to contact my LCO,let me tell you sir, LCO Office is in my neighbour building and i become pain in his head from past 5 weeks.
He change my wire & connect my line in his main box to clear my doubt but same issue DOWNLOADING SPEED BELOW 1Mbps
while on other hand all other peoples [nearby me] on excitel don't have any problem in speed. its my account which is locked by excitel may be bcz of heavy use of 150GB+...i was happy customer of excitel for 2.5 months.
But now i fed up with poor service.....MTNL is choote Excitel per attke
image.png

Last edited: