1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Questions about Siti Cable (Delhi)

Discussion in 'Siti Broadband' started by Adidam, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Adidam

Adidam Member
    Regulars

Hello, I would like to know few things about Siti Cable

1. Siti Cable is Dynamic IP or Static IP? (If you restart your modem/router, does it give you a new Public IP?

2. Do they give Cable Wire (Just like TV Cable) or Telephone Line (Just like Airtel) or Ethernet (Just like ACT Fiber)?

2. Karan Verma

Karan Verma Member
    Regulars

1. Yes they have Dynamic IP but it does not change when you restart your modem. It changes after few days on its own.

2. Yes, they provide cable wire like TV cable. I think the installation will be done by your Local cable operator only.

Adidam likes this.
  3. Adidam

Adidam Member
    Regulars

Thanks for the reply back. So they are basically, Hathway's alternative. There isn't any ADSL alternative or some company which can give new IP with every restart.

How reliable is there service?

4. Adidam

Adidam Member
    Regulars

Do we need to log in everytime we need to use internet like User ID and Password?

5. Karan Verma

Karan Verma Member
    Regulars

No, you don't need user id or password.
    Their service is good but speed may go down during peak hours as it uses shared bandwidth. But i get around 20-30Mbps (with my 50Mbps plan) even during peak hours. In terms of customer service most of the issues are resolved within a day or two max.