128kbps line shows up as 512kbps line!

ronscores

[OP]
Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
Ok..I'm on the 128kps unlimited connexion Use beetel USB modem and I used to get 128/128 on the green arrow thingie in the taskbar area.. Today when I noticed I saw 512/512!! :blink: :eek: How's that ? Even after I connect I get connected - 512kbps.DSL speed tests on the net however show only a 128kbps connexion :(I see the download speeds on an average have increased but not to the level of a 512kbps line :(. Still on an avg. I used to get 15KB/s.. now I get close to 20KBPS ! :) (Even on BT)!!Any other users seeing the change?btw, I'm from Chennai

Amuthan

US Broadband rox!
Regulars
Dec 14, 2005
Hmm....That's Strange! My Speeds have dropped from 30kbps to 20 and worse than that it has dropped to 18.5k now! So worried!Airtel guys whts happening? :(BTW I'm from Madurai - Tamil Nadu!

ronscores

[OP]
Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
u a newbie mate?if u r on 256kbps then the max u'll get is 32KB/scos its /8.. hope u know all that funda :D the d/l speeds tend to fluctuateI recommend you to use the following download managers for max. speed d/l1. IDM (Internet Download Manager ) IDM - the best! :p 2. Leechget3. FlashgetHappy surfin' !

stpmds

Regulars
Jun 29, 2005
i am also getting 512kbps connection speed from today forenoon. just called the customer care and they too confirmed since yesterday night they have upgraded the speed irrespective of the plan to 512kbps.it is good. hope all of you are getting it too.

ronscores

[OP]
Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
thats gr8 news mate!!!
then Whats the tariff?
and DO YOU get the speed stpmds .. ie. 64 KB/s???
and stpmds - can you confirm this by going on to dslreports and do the speed test? coz' mine still shows around abt. only 128kbps!! :(

SiriusB

Torrential
Regulars
Jun 11, 2005
Yea, I noticed. I left azureus run uncapped for some days now for something like this to happen, and it did! I am still downloading some sucky torrents and the max I was getting of them has been around 50KBps. After I finish this, I will start the big torrents :)

stpmds

Regulars
Jun 29, 2005
Originally posted by ronscores@Dec 15 2005, 02:27 PM
thats gr8 news mate!!!
then Whats the tariff?
and DO YOU get the speed  stpmds .. ie. 64 KB/s???
and stpmds - can you confirm this by going on to dslreports and do the speed test? coz' mine still shows around abt. only 128kbps!!  :(
[snapback]35815[/snapback]
[/quote]

they have upgraded only the connection speed to 512kbps. when tested at the speed.touchtelindia.net the bandwidth shown is 251, 249, 254 which means 31.6KB/sec. :angry:

the CC confirms that now they have upgraded the connection speed only and the customers will get enhanced speed to 20% more than their earlier speeds. the bandwidth upgradation will be gradual, may take some 2 to 3 months after they finalise the change in plans. for the time being the plans remain as it is.
in my case i used to get 26 to 28KB/sec, now it is touching around 32KB/sec.
i think in a weeks time it may stabilise to 35- 38 KB/sec.

even when everything goes well i doubt achieving 64KB/sec. It can touch only 54 to 55KB/sec only. :unsure:

when these levels are acheived video on demand will become reality :rolleyes: