Sify Client does not work with Win98

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 4,891

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
I had just installed win98 Gold edition and started sify 2.7 version. It says MFC file error missing link etc error. Then I installed win98 SE it says illegal error in bbclient.exe. I tried call center number 1600333330 but no one picks that number. Now I had to install this winxp to write this message. So for sify the minimum configurations are winxp as operating system. They have very poor client for linux based system and mac system. For windows you can only use winxp !!!The beta testers have forgotten to check the software on all OS before releasing the software or sify has no licence of windows 98 to test? 😛 This just shows poor quality testing of a so called major ISP in the dialer/login client.PS: Sify is part of Satyam Computers who boasts of IT Exports in India and they give this quality standards of their ISP. The IT department who makes this softwares should be asked to give an explaination for this mistake.

works on Win2K as well... 😀

Sify 2.7 works on my windows 98 SE. You can usually resolve windows errors by googling for them and downloading and installing the recommended library files etc. This is what happened to me when i got a Sify connection. Their dialer was at version 5.6 then and it gave me some weird error and wouldn't install. So I googled for it and voila, got its resolution at microsoft's website itself which told me to download a missing library file (most error messages are solved at microsoft's website called microsoft knowledgebase).So no big deal 🙂

I had a licenced ver of win98 gold. so i thought to be honest and use it and this is what had happned. Thanks for the above link. One more thing is the add-on is more heavy then the base software ? 😉

Originally posted by sifyfan@Jul 7 2005, 07:38 PM
I had a licenced ver of win98 gold. so i thought to be honest and use it and this is what had happned. Thanks for the above link. One more thing is the add-on is  more heavy then the base software ? 😉
[snapback]15256[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thats natural, the base software is made in C/C++ and the addon- software is made in VB, which takes more memory as compared to DOS version software. by the way 5 MB isn't that huge, is it?

Thats nice. 7 mb is not much. But shall this work only in DOS? What is the impact of using this software in respect to new EULA of sify?

Originally posted by sifyfan@Jul 7 2005, 07:48 PM
Thats nice. 7 mb is not much.  But shall this work only in DOS? What is the impact of using this software in respect to new EULA of sify?
[snapback]15260[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think u r a little confused, The main Software i.e SuperSify is made in C/C++ so it will work under DOS, the addon will just help the connection from disconnection from the sify server.

Both are diff things.

by the way, I figured out that the addon take less memory space in XP only 4.65 MB (5 mb approx)

hey cancer ......I just installed your addon and man it is excellent and much better then the original sify client which has no help. I like the installer and the about link which has a good display.

Yes using with super sify...... also tell me which file stays in the memory when i do the crtl alt del button in winxp? I shall now use win98 gold with this combination...shall it work....bcz my aim is to use win98 with sify.

cancer... i dont see anything like that in applications tab. in processes tab i can see some 2 to 3 new exec files so which one is yr file? meaning the excat name of exe file?