Reliance Jio free services valid till December 3, files revised tariffs with TRAI

• Thread starter Thread starter proton8454
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 5,980
ISP
Airtel
Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio Infocomm cant offer promotional offer beyond December 3, 2016, sector regulator Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) Thursday said in a letter to all other GSM telecom operators.

The new 4G entrant Reliance Jio kicked off its commercial services on September 5 with the launch of free promotional offer, namely Welcome Offer, which the company has said will provide free access to voice service and data till December 31, 2016.

It said that Reliance Jio had filed a revised offer of free services, which is now is consistent with guidelines on promotional offers, and limits the 90 days offer to December 3, 2016.

Consumers who have not subscribed services till 3rd December will be able to subscribe to New offers as well as tariff plans that are available from Jio.

Source

the incumbents had complained that free services should not exceed 90 days. My feeling is, Jio will charge Rs 1 per month, just to make it non-free.

Existing users will have the privilege till 31st..any new connections till 3rd Dec will have new offers is my understanding..
This is not a biggie..they can just ask users to pay 1Rs or something and giv'em the offer..

Jio should stop this bs now. Preview offer owner where mislead they should just start charging and provide the speeds we use to get the preview time.

Why??
They want people to exploit..which in turn would help them give us some good plans..plans that wouldn't end up clogging their network..

Exploit!!! at 0.25mbsp is not possible even if the speeds are good with 4gb limit its not possible. Whatever hammering they wanted to put the network through was done during the preview offer period

@HE-MAN their network is not yet ready for actual launch. If you had to pay for their services in the current scenario,you would have bashed CC multiple times for call connectivity. TRAI also published a report that JIO has the slowest 4G among all the operators. from last two days internet service has been very poor in UP-E circle. So I believe they are not yet ready.

yea on my jio sim i do not get incoming calls or sms and i could never reach CC when ever i tried .

I use sim in dongle and I don't MSG about exhausting 4GB and in fact from past few days I FUP speed gets triggered as soon as I download approx. 3.4GB. Once I tried to contact CC and I had to wait in queue for 30 minutes and I could not reach to the person.

Exploit!!! at 0.25mbsp is not possible even if the speeds are good with 4gb limit its not possible. Whatever hammering they wanted to put the network through was done during the preview offer period
It's not 0.25Mbps everywhere..Nagpur has good speeds and Bangalore has had always speeds ranging from 5-10Mbps after all the free loading..

Even I feel that their internet is no more stable. Dont even get 3G speeds most of times.

Speeds are in between 2G and 3G.

Only some rare occasion it crosses 4-5mbps.

But well I am not complaining since its all FREE! (and saving 200-300Rs monthly)