Need advice on cheapest 2G long validity plan.. Thanks!!

Hi all..

Which is the cheapest long validity 2G mobile prepaid in Hyderabad?

Basically my mobile usage is limited to calls and SMS..

Currently I am on BSNL Nestham Plan which gives 60 SMS free per month and 1.4 paise/sec call tarriff.. The Beauty of the plan is that it gives 6 months validity for Rs. 220/-. Also BSNL's network coverage has been fantastic, atleast for me.. Not only in urban, but also in rural areas..

Is there any other plan which gives longer validity for less money ? Can anyone help.. ??

Thanks in advance..

What is your usage pattern? Do you want to keep it as secondary number? If you want to keep it as secondary number just recharge it with Rs. 36 Plan which would give you validity extension of 180days.That 220 plan would be a first recharge I guess!
While other private operators don't have such conditions for validity and if there is no usage for 90days they charge you Rs. 20 to extend your validity for 30days.
Prepaid | BSNL Portal

Hi Saurabh.. Thks for the reply..

No the 220 is not a first recharge, it gets me extended validity of 180 days in addtion to 180-something talktime and 6X60 SMS/month = 360 SMSs.. Every 180 days I have to put in 220 for another 180 days validity.. All that I want to know, is there any other carrier which offers less than 220 for 180 days validity.. Your 36 plan looks cool but I will have to opt out of Nestham Plan - that means no more free SMS and 1.4 ps/sec right ??

Let me look up this 36 plan on BSNL..

Yes, you will not get any benefit with that Rs. 36 recharge. Check BSNL website of your circle for more info or download ireff app from playstore.
For a recharge of 220 you get 180rs and 6x60 SMS if I exclude benefit of sms pack you are basically getting 6 months of validity just for Rs. 40 that is less than Rs. 7/M what cheaper price you are expecting ? Don't you consume that Rs. 180TT in spam of 180days? If so then migrate to rs. 36 plan(I checked on ireff app there is a plan of Rs. 29 Nestham)

I actually don't use 180 TT even prob'bly in 2 years.. Most of my usage is incoming calls for which I needed the cheapest longtime validity.. that Rs. 36 is looking very attractive indeed.. Probably no other carriers offer longer validity for lesser..

Thanks..