edge speeds.please help.

• Thread starter Thread starter abtom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 9,355
A

abtom

i am using Sony ericsson S500i ,is it an edge enabled phone?i have connected it to my pc and i m getting speeds of 115.2kbps same as the speed of tata or reliance dial up.are the speeds ok?i think my area(rohini) does not have edge service thats why im gettin gprs.and my last question-what are the normal speeds we can expect on airtel gprs and edge.please tell speeds for both gprs and edge as u people have experienced?pleasssseeeee help.thank you friends.

115 is quite good and it is edge not gprs ............ gprs gives around 8-20kbps its theoretical max is 45kbpsSpeed always depend on tower load, bandwidth connected, tower signal and many other factors............. also airtal delhi sucks in gprs/edge speed from my last experience.

115 is quite good and it is edge not gprs ............ gprs gives around 8-20kbps its theoretical max is 45kbps

Speed always depend on tower load, bandwidth connected, tower signal and many other factors............. also airtal delhi sucks in gprs/edge speed from my last experience.

thanks dude,it was great help 4 me.:thumbsup:

I have a Nokia EDGE phone but when I use it to surf via HUTCH ACCESS all i get is 1kbps speeds max,when the connection is actually connected at 115kbps 🙁

i get is 1kbps speeds max,
when the connection is actually connected at 115kbps
it happens with me too.i get only 32kbps i.e. 4kBps on a 115.2kbps conn.whats happening?

how do you connect your comp to your phone?? that could be the issue....if u use com3 or somethin like that, try changing baud rate of that port to higher value.I used to connect through bluetooth and I got speeds of 20KBps ie abt 160kbps from my Nokia 6630 phone.

is Sony ericsson S500i an edge enabled phone.anyways i cannect my phone to comp.through usb cable.but net speed on mobile is also very slow.i think edge is not enabled in my aea i.e. rohini.are there different simcards on airtel postpaid with and without edge?