Plans upgraded today (9th Oct 2016) (For Hyd, Bangalore & Chennai)

• Thread starter Thread starter dextermorgan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 13,723
@darthkant ACT's speed and reliability is in a different league compared to Airtel. As someone already mentioned, you can reset the FUP after you exceed it. There is a separate 250 GB for uploads as well, so it's a total of 500 GB if you upload a lot. The post FUP speed in my plan is 1 Mbps. I think it may be 512 Kbps for other plans,

@dextermorgan Pro-rata pricing for post FUP data sounds very fair and transparent IMO. I hope it is available for all regions and plans (I am going for the 1999₹ plan in Chennai). I think I will be using upto 450GB per month.

@Zaphod My usage is equally divided between Netflix, torrents and work. Right now I use a seedbox for torrents, but if uploads are free I could save money on the seedbox. I read on another thread that the connection is natted, so have to check how torrents work on ACT.

^ It used to be full data reset before but people started abusing it. Buying low tier plans and resetting the data once fup expires. They changed it few months ago to prorata basis.

Torrents work fine and max out speeds in well seeded torrents

IMO comparing with excitel FUP free 10-25mbps plan , Act plan with FUP is more of a gimmick.

Excitel should be marketing the double speed which they aren't i feel they are much more premium then act fibernet