• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,268

dejan

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
My Redmi 1s is not booting up. Till yesterday it was working. Today it's camera stopped working completely showing error "Failed to connect to Camera, try restarting the phone" even after restarting. Now after battery drained to 0 %, now its not even booting up. Yesterday I went to a repair shop to get the charging port fixed as charging was easily disturbed if phone or charger was even touched. But today its not even charging at all. The repair guy charged 350 from me and phone is also out of warranty. Should I get it to Mi service centre? How much will they charge for a phone that costs 6k?

was the phone charging fine after you got USB port replaced ?

If the repair shop is near by ask him to check again, It can be a dry soldering which might not be charging it and without any power in battery it will certainly not boot.

Not sure how much xiaomi would charge, but should be under 200 to inspect, but I am not sure if they would accept it if they know that it was
opened by a un-authorized repair guy.

Yes, the charging was working fine till the battery drained to 0 % and I was unable to charge it now. I tried clearing the camera's data and cache, but still camera app showed same error. I managed to start up the mobile somehow using some tricks from google, but its still not charging and stuck at 1 %. I don't know if the repair shop waala cheated me by replacing some part of my mobile or something like that, because before that the mobile was working fine without any camera ssues except the usb part thing

And don't worry, I'm not a fool that I will tell them that I got it repaired at a mobile repair shop and even if they know, they wouldn't care

Last edited:
if phone is not charging, it might be the USB port issue as you got it replaced, it can be a issue with solder.
Camera problem, might be some corrupt file, a factory reset might help,but you need to have its battery charged before you would be able
to do it.

So visit any good mobile wala and get the port replaced again.

Now the mobile is suddenly charging and reached 59 %. But camera is still not working. Mi Service Centre said fixing would cost 4k Rs which is impossible because I can find fully working used Redmi 1s in 2k. So far I didn't bring it to the repair shop, as I have college so can't find enough time. Anyway I'll keep in mind to always keep the phone's battery at 20 % + so that it never repeats this problem. Thanks for your help

Ok so now my Redmi 1s is totally dead, because I forgot to charge it before it reached 0 % and now its not charging beyond 1 %. I'm guessing best thing I could do is to sell it off and get something like a Le 2 which is cheap and would give any flagship phone competition in terms of its looks

Try a soft boot into recovery. And then charge.

You can try booting into the phone with someone else's battery. And do a factory reset.

Where are you located?