MTNL IPTV review

• Thread starter Thread starter anu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 78,063
For those who might be interested ... today, Tue. 11th Dec. 2007, Mumbai edition of The Economic Times, page 4 has the following: "R-ADAG to storm DTH market in March next". "Subscribers to get free Toshiba LCD-TVs". It seems they are in the process of tying up with Toshiba for 15 million LCD-TVs to to give away free, with their DTH service. The upfront cost is to be under Rs.12,000 and the first six months will be free. Not a bad deal if the TV is atleast 21 inch ... is my opinion.

I have had iptv for over 10 months now...there were problems in the middle but know it is all right doesn't affect my broadband speeds......I hv got similar responses from many people ....firsthand review !!!!!!

@sidjakeswhat speeds are u getting ?post a screenshot from speedtest.netby the way are u from mumbai or delhi.

i hav 750 nu connection....i am getin arnd 1.5 mbps speedi ws thinkin of applyin for iptv as evrything is free xcept the 5oo rs for instalation for 6 monthsbut thn i read it reduces speed to 256kbps..is it true????

i hav 750 nu connection....i am getin arnd 1.5 mbps speed

i ws thinkin of applyin for iptv as evrything is free xcept the 5oo rs for instalation for 6 months
but thn i read it reduces speed to 256kbps..
is it true????
yes if u r form delhi ur net speed will b capped @ 256Kbps

yes!please answer these questions (if already answered plz re-answer!)🙂1. Performance rating of iptv (audio/video/disconnections/support)2. Lean time for fixing problems (if any) in iptv connection3. stability of connection and other thing you might think we ought to know!@banda : can you creaate a new thread answering these ques.s and other users update it!🙂

Got IPTV installed last week (ie 1st. Sep. 2008) and overall rating till now is 8/10 in terms of AV quality. Cust. service / Tech support remains 4/10, illetrate guys.1. answered above2. no big problem till now (only using since 1 week)3. stable4. speed of intenet is limited @ 256 Kbps

Lot of things have Changed.Need to update the thread and set the facts straight.

i m from new Delhi ! its crap ,i surrender the connection still they are sending the bills !! poor custom care! they know only one word "we are sorry sir".still waiting for them to come n collect their set-top box.frezzing problem their ,when i asked they told to ask to line man to fix my line properly!!the main things is there is noting related with MTNL ,they just using MTNL lines ,otherwise its all about aksh network !! so you keep running for help between aksh n MTNL office !!it took 3-4 days to disconnect the IPTV connection !! i was so happy after my IPTV gone :hysterical:

This is to all users who are fed up with blinking / flashing ADSL / DSL light on their router. Even I faced this issue in my MTNL Broadband (NO IPTV) connection but I am quite sure that the reason for IPTV is also the same. It happens only in those cases where the customer has installed parallel telephone connections at their place or the cables used are too long or extension cables are used or simply the contacts of their cables and / or sockets have caught rust. The probability of the first reason is the highest. I strongly recommend to have a separate line for IPTV Broadband services if you cannot do away with the parallel connections. This particular reason is often not known by MTNL guys (line mens, Call center executives, etc). Hence, they don't know what to do when these complains arrive from the customers repeatedly. In my case, my line man informed about this and I had to live with this issue. Everytime I use to receive a phone call or some one picks the receiver to make a call the ADSL link breaks and again I had to wait for it to stabalize.

and even if its still necessary to have phones on the same line as iptv then u shud install both the modem nd telephone after the dsl splitter in the appropriate sockets ,this would take care of the iptv disconnection whenever a phone call is placed.