MTNL Mumbai MTNL Mumbai down

• Thread starter Thread starter d5aqoëp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 10,947
Down today. Few authentication servers have developed a snag. My router says invalid username and password. Down in my office as well. Monday blues!!

working for me.

#MTNL Mumbai is in such a sorry state that when phone's go dead & a customer lodges a complaint, they just close the complaint. It happened twice to me then I used the SMS option to track the complaint. And thus is what I found. "Complaint with Docket No.5XXX is attended and found OK., Complaint Date :20-01-2020 11:09:16. Which is of course BS as no one came to my house to check. I see the linesman goofing around in my area. Needless to say I have initiated the disconnection process.

I am having line disturbance / noise issue. (which creates frequent disconnection issues with internet)

And most complaints are closed without any action.

But I keep complaining and line man calls after 3-4 complains and says. "I did something, now it wont happen."

But in reality there is no change and disturbance continues.

Then one day line man came home and says... "MTNL hain isse jyada acchi line nahi ho sakti" (this is MTNL, you cant expect line to be better than this)

And goes ahead and says that its main cable fault underground and there is no guarantee that it will ever be repaired!!!!

Haha!! Amazing. Even after bail out package to MTNL and BSNL... they dont have money to repair things.

@amish Used to happen to me too but 3 yrs ago the FOC at Shivaji park got cut due to metro station work. It was dead for over 2 months. That time we disconnected the broadband connection. In that period we had to make do with jiofi. But last year we got Jio Fiber.
UPDATE: Gave the application today for disconnection. RIP MTNL 🙏

Last edited:
I can confirm that My Triband is down since 3 days. The connection comes up at times with no internet access and then within 10 minutes it goes down again.
Any idea as to what could be the reason?