Underground cable or Overhead cable

• Thread starter Thread starter Dummy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,415

Dummy

Noob Webmaster
Does Airtel lay cables underground to give service to its users or through overhead cable.? My old resident had a small dp box in ground floor from that they provided me a connection. I don't know where were the cables. Our Association confirmed that our street has Airtel and only 5-10 connections are available and they are not willing to expand.

Is it due to the underground cable issue? Note: Our area is under constant digging for almost 6-8 months is that a reason?

Underground, yes. They need all sorts of permissions. The work going on in your neighborhood is possibly a reason. Local counselors will also need to be bribed for permission.

Yeah usually the main cable to the dp box is underground and from the dp they draw wire overhead to different houses. Airtel will not expand because they will have to spend a lot on digging but if they want then can draw a line overhead from another dp in an adjoining street nearby. This is not usually done but if some senior guy in Airtel approves they will do it. They have done it in the past for one of my tenant and last week they did it for me also because the underground cable to my dp was faulty. Of course this can be done only if a connection is free in the other dp.

Oh thanks for the information. Then i need to wait till they stop digging and lay a new road, plus wait for some kind of signal from Airtel 🙁

Today i saw posters around my area with an Airtel sales executive number printed. I contacted him, and he said he will check the feasibility and let me know.

Those jokers stick the posters everywhere....just email or call Airtel customer care and you will know immediately.

Finally got an update, no distribution point available. I think i should forget about Airtel. Thank you all for the help.

Sorry to dig this up, in an Airtel EDP box how many connections can be given? 20 to 30 or it is so limited?