Whats the cheapest Airtel Landline "phone " only plan?

• Thread starter Thread starter xyx2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 19,610

xyx2000

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
The only reason i am keeping my airtel landline is due to the Old phone no. I had disconnected the broadband in 2010 .

I am currently on the Rs 349 plan with Rs 300 free calls and pay around Rs 500 per month after taxes .

I shifted my mtnl plan from Rs 850 to Rs 1449 plan which gives free calls on mtnl network and Rs 150 extra free calls which should cover all,my landline calls .

Is there anyway i can keep the airtel landline without paying any min fee ? Maybe try with retention or do they have any such plans ?

call 121 ask for disconnection they may offer you retention plan.

lol. Cancel the cancellation.
Though don't worry they won't do it easily.
Call you nth times to ask what is the problem saar.

Though your case is quite uniquely opp.
Most people I know kept mtnl landline for old no sake while using Airtel broadband.

If they disconnect then i will just let them disconnect now . I had two mtnl landlines when i had called up the mtnl area manager to disconnect one landline even he suggested to keep it with zero rental so why cant Airtel offer me zero rental .

I had Airtel broadband earlier, they literally drove me nuts with poor service, and i took the risk of going with mtnl due to pure anger , and surprisingly i found mtnl better than Airtel , so Airtel can fuck off .

Called Airtel CC and they said plans start at Rs 399/ + taxes and no free calls. 🙁

My plan is very old , they dont offer that any more , retention gave me one month free "diwali offer" , so i still have the line .

Retention person had told me my this months bill will be waived off if i restore the connection, yet today i received the bill , typiccal airtel, it was all this type of antics by them that made me disconnect my broadband . I will get this disconnected now . These people just make up nay lie to keep the customer .

They got some Rs.150 per month plan with no free calls. Ask if you can get or better disconnect.

I dont think it exists because they had disconnected my landline , later i agreed to restore it after they waived off this months charges

Now i have shifted to airtel as my primary internet connection because they now have better plans than mtnl, i am on the 1299 16mbps plan, and now i got my mtnl plan changed to Rs 95 PM plan which gives 5 gb free PM so thats like a back up plan for emergency cases.

You should have done this before itself.

Now do it as suggested.

Call them after a month for disconnection.

P.S.: Ask them for discounts or cheaper plan with suited Data Quota.

The better you bargain, you can enjoy internet + calls under ₹500 (incl. tax) easily.

Go and test.

I kept my Airtel broadband active, for the landline number too.
They offered varied discounts from 50% to 75% on my 1499 plan, and ideally that would've been alright, except they kept making errors in the billing and I'd need to call up and yell and get it manually corrected. Kept asking CC for a basic landline only plan, was told its combo only. On top of that, even the landline has been down for a while now. Asked for a disconnect, was passed to the retention team, who offered a Rs. 599 phone only plan. I was irritated saying the line itself is dead. Lady gave up and processed my disconnect request and I got an SMS confirmation.

A few hours later someone else called, told him my issues with their line reliability and said 599 just for calls is way too much. He said they've got a 'new' plan for 499 + taxes (~589) and it also comes with 30GB data. Asked if there was anything cheaper minus the data, he said only a 399 plan with 399 minutes. Said ok for the 499 plan for now since I don't have the patience to keep arguing about billing and verifying their discount calculations.

I can't seem to find any unlimited plans from BSNL, and there isn't any pressure on the landline market like there is in the mobile phone market for these people to come out with good plans either 🙁