Broadband Revolution in India

• Thread starter Thread starter mailnow
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,861

mailnow

I think the same dilemma we experienced with Dial-up connections is being carried on to Broadband. I was hoping that it will end with broadband. But these damn ISP's are just too stingy and resist to provide what is demanded by public.BSNL's unlimited usage is now over and now Airtel's plan has started.....but is going to end by Aug 31st....So my point is we end up paying installation charges(they say free installation, but I doubt this) and again after few months we end up scratching our only head on what's next.These guys are making a living out of us and still give us nightmares every so often.......Will this end???? :huh: Any hope???? 🙁

airtel still has unlimited 64 and 128. better than any offer of bsnl. i pity the guys who moved to bsnl leaving airtel. i won't be doing that if bsnl comes out with a new plan. with absolutely pathetic customer support... tsk tsk...

u r right sushubh. We must decide on one ISP and stick to it no matter what happens on other side. but 64 and 128kbps is just pathetic and as TRAI states, is not a broadband at allIn my area when I asked for Airtel connection they insisted on a deposit of Rs3000(some of this amount was refundable though)BSNL offer came by and I opted for it...now I am seeing stars.:blink: I see that BSNL has also sent emailer to all its subscribers stating that free usage honeymoon's over. Man I am regretting my decision to have subscribed for their service

well that is a problem. it sucked when i had to leave home where i had sify broadband to get here in gurgaon and take airtel. but the company has been overall good with me. though very expensive compared to what bsnl was offering till now. infact one of my friends moved from airtel to bsnl and now kinda feeling i am not sure how...

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jul 3 2005, 03:11 PM
infact one of my friends moved from airtel to bsnl and now kinda feeling i am not sure how...
[snapback]14628[/snapback]
[/quote]

Idiotic? Suicidal? Well, thats how i'd feel.....

well i just wanted to keep that to myself 😉 but let us hope for u guys sake that bsnl comes out with some logical packages. but i had lost the hope when they started charging 3000 bucks for dias unlimited.

i think reliance will change the face of broadband in indiabut as with any new service there would be some hickupps and short comingsbut i think reliance will make bsnl, mtnl change their stupid plans

or maybe they would just enter the market and start looting the customers like everyone else. with anil alone now with reliance infocomm... things might not be as rosy as they were in the past.

From past one year i m hearing reliance coming coming.... When is it gonna be coming, or coming with the 1 mb linein 2011 i suppose

they are very much expected to come before the end of the current year. but i have a feeling that the reliance division would delay it somewhat.

we will get 2mbps connections at a very cheap rate when rest of world will be transferring in TB's