Google Workspace Updates

I wish Google would just provide standalone pricing to specific services. For ex, I don't need so many services under G-Suite, I am just looking for Gmail for my business custom domain and may be google drive for my spreadsheets and data backup.

I pay 49rs+gst to GoDaddy for business email requirements. Paying 4x cost for G-Suite doesn't make sense for me compared to Go-daddy's services.

i checked with Google support regarding this and they said we have to buy the whole suite. This sucks.

the pricing in india is not really that bad. iirc it is 150+ tax per month right? what you get in return is excellent uptime and pretty decent customer support. i would not trust GoDaddy for a business email wrt uptime. plus of course, gmail spam filter is one of the best in the market. i personally switched from google drive to onedrive for storage largely because of the costs problem though so there's that.

update. never mind. it's Rs. 420 plus tax per month currently discounted to Rs. 210 plus tax. and this is for just 30GB of storage which makes it a pretty terrible deal.

Yeah, I wish they would make it down to specific services that customer want. I am okay with current pricing if they let us choose specific services. Or get the price of G-Suite down totally to like 50 INR (I wish).

Btw GoDaddy's services and business email is excellent. I am using it for 2 years and never ever had a downtime (ever). It's very very basic and spam filtering is good enough for me. UI is very basic and one can easily get used to it. I have no issues with it to be honest, however I am more used to Gmail as I use it for personal from last 10 yrs or so. Customer support is not something I would want. Pretty much know how to get it working with domains and how to handle the MX entries. All I need is axx with G-Suite(without the 3rd party free trick- it;s buggy and can be hit and miss). I use Dropbox for business data. (It's mostly .jpg/pdf/docs files which will be less than 5 gigs so free dropbox did the trick).

Or best yet, They should include G-Suite inside Youtube Premium/Family premium (Which I am subscribed too- it's awesome!) or give us a bundle deal which I will be willing to take.