Vodafone Flex for Prepaid users

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Vodafone launches Flex, a single recharge option for prepaid users - The Economic Times

Vodafone India launched Flex, a single recharge option for prepaid users, where users can use data and voice interchangeably on the same pack.

Vodafone Flex will allow customers to use internet, calls, roaming, SMS with no pre fixed quota, with recharge values at Rs 119 (325 Flex), Rs 199 (700Flex), Rs 299 (1200 Flex) and Rs 399 (1,750 Flex), while the company claimed the new offer will provide up to 25% saving.

Each of the packs come with a fixed amount of 'Flexs' which will deducted when a customer uses voice or data or messages. One 'Flex' is deducted for each MB of data, each minute of incoming call on roaming or each message. Two 'Flexs' are deducted for a minute of local outgoing or STD call or a minute of outgoing call on roaming.

Sounds good.

But it's costly for voice calls, okayish for data n sms.

There shud be option that calls are deducted at normal rate and Flex is used only for data and SMS.
------
Also wanted to know what happens if I turn on data and use 250KB only and then disconnect data.

Does it deduct FULL FLEX or 0.25 flex?

I assume 0.25 MB would be still counted as 1 flex, same like 15 sec call also counts as 1 minutes consumed in per minute plans.

Haha, thats why I stopped calling vodafone or tweeting them.

By the time they answer your query - u wud already know the answer from other sources.

Got a call too from their customer care. Flex is per session. So even if you consume 1kb, it is counted as 1MB if your session ends.

Hahahah just like i thought!

Network keep dropping when in train and suddenly you will realize that train consumed 1 FLEX per station.

So from Borivali to churchagate it would consume more than 15 flex.

I would not move to Vodafone but would love it if Airtel adds an option like this. I do not consume all the data I subscribe to in a month and I would not mind if the money i spend on it per month can also be used for calls and texts.