Want to run an ISP Business

Hi,

First of all, let me say that I am very new to the ISP business as you can see from my other post but I am a fast learner and wanted to run an ISP business at my local area. I lived in Aizawl, Mizoram (North East of India). We only have BSNL and about 2 local internet providers here and they cant even cope with the demands for a new connections.
So, please if you can answer me I have some(alot) questions to ask and if someone is willing to help i will be greatly appreciate it.
1. If i wanted to start small lets say 100 customers which I will provide around 512kbps - 1 mbps to them how much bandwidth will be needed?
2. I am thinking of making a wireless connection as the other local provider is a wireless and they are pretty stable. How much would the capital amount be approximately? For around 100 customers with all the necessary equipments like the Towers and the radio antaenna,etc.
3. How do i buy a bandwidth? Is the bandwidth to be bough in terms or leased line or decicated lines? How much will lets say 10Mbps cost?
4. How do i calculate the tariff for the customers so that i can gain instead of loss. If say i bought 10Mbps bandwidth, How muchi would I have to share with it the users which is the normal content ratio ?

I have many other questions but i will ask as we go on if there are any replies. 😀

It's too much trouble. It is not about how many customers you serve. ISP license is hard to get and very very expensive.

from your questions, it seems you had an idea to setup ISP business but then need every other detail from crowdsourcing.
you have to start by checking the area for the feasibility of wireless connections, all customers have to be in line of sight from your transmitter tower.

you have to check for providers who can give you leased line connection.
For leased line 1Mbps costs around 4000 INR

You can provide your research and then ask questions based on what you couldn't find or calculate.

I would like to add some more questions regarding this Isp business .Can anyone can help us out in technical aspects like getting 10 Mbps leased line from telco & providing the broadband to retail customers .How is this possible ??what needs to be done at backend ..

getting 10 Mbps leased line from telco

That is just a matter of a written application.

Normally, some ISPs promote franchise. So they will give you tech and guidance required to become a franchise. I believe, even BSNL would have something like that.

Hi ,

I want the backend network support from anyone of them .i want to know how a 100 Mbps broadband can be configured n given to customer .how much leased line shuld v have with us for providing these type of broadband .

Different ISPs user different technologies. Their distribution system also vary from one to another. You would get details once you get in touch with one of them. I can give you details on one ISP. But, I am sure it won't work on another.