Need help with International Transactions

volcano619

Prononimous
ISP
Jio 4G/Idea 2G/ACT
So I just bought a SBI International Debit Card
For activation there's two messages I had to send through my mob and it said it's been activated.
I'm able to make domestic transactions(ecom) but international transactions are not going through..
As usual the branch has no idea what's wrong and I've sent an email as a complaint meanwhile I wanted to know what am I doing wrong?

Can you check on SBI netbanking if international transaction for debit card is enabled? I think it would be showing something.

I don't use internet banking.
But I enabled international transactions using one of the messages.

Well I am kinda late to this ,but sbi debit cards won't work on any international websites , you can use them only to withdraw cash from ATM in overseas

while hdfc,icici ,kotak mahindra chip based international debit cards work on international websites like PayPal,google,Amazon,AliExpress but you will be charged around 3% per transaction for currency conversion by your bank

I have a chip based master card as well..and apparently PayPal isn't supported by SBI 😕
One of the worldwide payment methods isn't supported...facepalm

I could never use my SBI Global Debit Card with the Google Play Store. I use my ICICI one.

Yea,if this doesn't work out as I hoped..i would be switching..I dont trust private banks :/

I used to use Virtual Credit Card from this website Entropay.com for buying games on steam etc.Indian debit cards works on that website i used it 2 years ago. Paypal used to work with that vcc,They also have VBV and MASTERSECURE Code.You can try if u want.

Lol,i know what I feel has no basis..but i don't know someday I might take the golden step..if this card doesn't work out then I might switch to ICCI I guess..

You should, I have no issues with ICICI.

Plus, by opening an account when I was in college at my local branch got me a 1K minimum balance Privilege Account. Has slightly higher benefits & 1K minimum balance is a boon for students like me.

So check you local branch for offers, there usually are some.

Also try HDFC, their cards do work on the Play Store.