Guide: How to change BSNL Broadband plan manually in Portal

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 18,228
BSNL has launched couple of new plans during past few weeks. However those plans are not yet updated on BSNL Selfcare Portal. Many people are confused about the plan change procedure and asking questions in different threads. While we have answered the questions in each threads, it has become scattered and is hard to find. So creating a separate thread for plan change.

What is the issue ?: Latest BSNL plans are not available in BSNL Selfcare portal. Customers are being made to visit BSNL exchanges to submit written plan change request.

The solution:

1. Manual Override in the BSNL Selfcare portal
2. Social media complaint

1. Manual Override:

• Vist BSNL Selfcare Portal. Users from Karnataka/South India can access it at http://selfcare.sdc.bsnl.co.in/ . IIRC the link varies from region to region. Please do a search for exact link. Login to the portal.
  • Click on the Service tab. You should get Submit a New Service Request option at 3rd position. Click on that and select "Service ID" from drop down. Then select "Request type" - Change of Broadband Plan.
  • In the New Broadband Plan option just manually type in the plan name such as BBG Combo ULD 1199/ BBG Combo ULD 499. Fill the summary and description option. Give plan link from BSNL website for their reference.
  • Submit the request.
  • You will get a Docket number at Check Status Of A Service Request option in previous page. Copy this number.
  • Visit Twitter and tweet to BSNL India (@BSNLCorporate) | Twitter and to your state BSNL handle ( For Karnataka its BSNL_Karnataka (@BSNL_KTK) | Twitter). Mention docket number and phone number with STD code clearly.
  • They will change the plan and reply on Twitter. Same should work in Facebook.
  • This is usually done within few hours.
2. Social Media complaint:

• Visit BSNL page in Facebook or Tweet to @BSNLCorporate & your state BSNL handle along with your landline number with STD code. Request them to change the plan.
  • You will get multiple calls from BSNL City/District/State Headquarters confirming plan change request.
  • This process is slower than Selfcare option. Takes 1-2 days.
Remember: Unless you mention landline number with STD code, proper plan name and docket number (if available), BSNL will not take action. Portal option is fastest one.

This method works 100% in Karnataka. 4-5 friends,neighbors of mine got plan changed this way within a day without visiting BSNL Exchange. Hope this helps. If any further assistance is needed in plan change please reply to this thread. I will be glad to help.

Hi
Thanks for the information. I am in KOZHIKODE { CALICUT},KERALA. I had requested to change to COMBO UL 1199.I tweeted day before yesterday.I got confirmation via sms today.The speed has changed.Getting around 2Mbps.The plan details in bsnl portal account has changed but is similar to the post above{No plan name}.Service request page has not changed yet..I am really grateful for your help.

Its easy to check your plan after its changed. It wont show on homepage of selfcare.
But when you go to Change broadband plan in services. There it will show your current plan. For me.. its showing 499 combo 😀

Everyone is Welcome 😉

They replied in twitter. Later they called me to say the same thing that the customer service (call center) told me before. I have to go to the local office and submit a written form to get it done. What a pathetic country.

P.S.
Most of those "available" plans you see on the self-care page aren't actually available. They are just there for false ad. They told me that the cheapest plan with night/Sunday free calls is available for Rs.240 +15% tax.

Last edited:
Friends, there are many portal BSNL has provided however none works in the case of the plan change. The fastest way is to visit your local BSNL office and give an application to change the plan.

Please refer to this video for how you can write application and process

Source

To verify if you plan has changed : the best way is to call 1500 from your BSNL phone and select talk to the operator . Check with the operator which plan you have currently activated. The operator would ask you to provide your phone number .

In the self-care portal, it takes a time to reflect . It could take week or more to reflect in self-care however operator can tell you confirm change in plan

To verify if you plan has changed : the best way is to call 1500 from your BSNL phone and select talk to an operator . Check with the operator which plan you have currently activated. The operator would ask you to provide your phone number .

In the self-care portal, it takes the time to reflect . It could take week or more to reflect in self-care, however, operator can tell you confirm change in plan

Sai/Admins,

You may want to change this pinned subject since the portal and portal options have now changed for BSNL.

un-stickied the thread. please feel free to create a new one?