1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Guide: How to change BSNL Broadband plan manually in Portal

Discussion in 'BSNL Broadband' started by Sai, Sep 14, 2016.

1. cia

cia Member

I have got a PMPL connection and I want to ditch the BSNL broadband and keep just the phone with the free calling stuff. Cusstomer care told me there's a sulabh 2 plan for Rs.180 but I can't find it in the portal. BSNL must be the shittiest govt.-owned company in the world.

UPDATE:
    -----------------

I chose the general 200 plan in selfcare and tweeted the authorities.
    ( GENERAL PLAN WITH MONTHLY RENT Rs200 URBAN)
    I do like the free calls feature at night and Sundays.

#11 cia, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  2. Shivam15

Shivam15 Member
    Regulars

None replied me no social media.. Went to bsnl exchange and they did it easily. :D

3. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member
    Regulars

That's quite strange!. I always get reply from @BSNLCorporate and @BSNLKTK within a day and complaints are fixed as soon as possible. Maybe they missed your tweet.

harshikl and Shivam15 like this.
  4. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

you also get close to 4mbps on their 2mbps plan. that does not mean they give 4mbps to everyone on their 2mbps plan.

5. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member
    Regulars

Well. I am no VIP. They are giving more speed on their own. I did not ask for it. Even though I am on unlimited broadband+landline usage plan, I never abuse network. My usage is less than 50GB per month + 200-300 calls per month.

6. Krishnan R

Krishnan R New Member

Hi
    Thanks for the information. I am in KOZHIKODE { CALICUT},KERALA. I had requested to change to COMBO UL 1199.I tweeted day before yesterday.I got confirmation via sms today.The speed has changed.Getting around 2Mbps.The plan details in bsnl portal account has changed but is similar to the post above{No plan name}.Service request page has not changed yet..I am really grateful for your help.

7. Shivam15

Shivam15 Member
    Regulars

Its easy to check your plan after its changed. It wont show on homepage of selfcare.
    But when you go to Change broadband plan in services. There it will show your current plan. For me.. its showing 499 combo :D

Everyone is Welcome ;)

8. cia

cia Member

They replied in twitter. Later they called me to say the same thing that the customer service (call center) told me before. I have to go to the local office and submit a written form to get it done. What a pathetic country.

P.S.
    Most of those "available" plans you see on the self-care page aren't actually available. They are just there for false ad. They told me that the cheapest plan with night/Sunday free calls is available for Rs.240 +15% tax.

#18 cia, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  9. digamber singh

digamber singh New Member

Friends, there are many portal BSNL has provided however none works in the case of the plan change. The fastest way is to visit your local BSNL office and give an application to change the plan.

Please refer to this video for how you can write application and process

Source

To verify if you plan has changed : the best way is to call 1500 from your BSNL phone and select talk to the operator . Check with the operator which plan you have currently activated. The operator would ask you to provide your phone number .

In the self-care portal, it takes a time to reflect . It could take week or more to reflect in self-care however operator can tell you confirm change in plan

To verify if you plan has changed : the best way is to call 1500 from your BSNL phone and select talk to an operator . Check with the operator which plan you have currently activated. The operator would ask you to provide your phone number .

In the self-care portal, it takes the time to reflect . It could take week or more to reflect in self-care, however, operator can tell you confirm change in plan

10. Sizzler

Sizzler Member
    Regulars

Sai/Admins,

You may want to change this pinned subject since the portal and portal options have now changed for BSNL.