What exactly is Content ratio?

hello,

First time posting here. 🙂
Can you please help me clarify my understanding of a content ratio? If I buy a leased line of say 10Mbps from some ISP like Airtel in the 1:1 ratio, then if i divided the bandwidth into 1Mbps each to customers in the ration 20:1, does that mean 1Mbps will be shared by 20 customers each? Which will give me a customers of 20x10= 200 customers on a leased line of 10Mbps ?

Hope my question is clear.

No, as far as I know its line ratio, speed depends on user plans but that single line goes to many of the customers using switches etc thus congesting the overall line bandwidth...

Suppose a copper wire in your area has 10:1 ratio that means 10 connections are provided to customers using the same line, Thus affecting the overall bandwidth due to the line capacity. i.e the copper wire is capable of transferring at 100mbps minus the line loss , the line is shared with 10 users , so as long as the connection speed of all total users is below 100mbps (minus line loss) it's ok..but if someone is using 50mbps at full speed and others are using the same line with 10mbps each then the capacity of the server is at max and won't be able to provide good speeds at all time.

I maybe wrong but as far as I know , that ratio means this..

Thanks for the reply.
So how does one gets revenue from being an ISP? Is there any website or anypost where i can learn about it? I mean leased line are vey expensive and if i buy say 10 Mbps for 3lakhs annual. How can i split that between the customers so as to gain revenue from it? I thought the content ration was sharing the bandwidth.

I didn't know any site you will get a tutorial how to setup ISP but for those terms like content ratio meaning etc. you can google it.

Leased line is mostly 1:1 ratio based means it will be a direct line from your ISP to you.. so if you want to share it you can setup switches etc. and can share that line to other users and to set up your little network and if you want to manage the users on your leased line there are management software available for it (paid) to limit user based login like Siti / PMPL / Alliance etc.. you can manage user based bandwidth / speeds / duration using that management software.
For 3lakhs/p.a it roughly becomes 25k per month so you have to build a customer base where you can profit by calculating cost price and selling price.. (do the math) .. as you are not any ISP, or licenced you cannot share your internet legally for that you have to take permission and licence, and it's not profitable.
And if you set up like an operator in your area you won't get charged for leased line basis you will be charged by connection you give to the ISP, and you will get commission for that, and management software will be provided to you by ISP, it will be like reselling and per connection basis you will get commission monthly.
If you set up as an operator in your area, you have to make an agreement and deal with the provider like Alliance / PMPL / Siti, and they will provide you with a direct line from their node to your via fibre and fibre has huge capacity in TB/s , you just have to connect that fiber to your local server and then split the line with your customers and create / update / customer database with your retailer software provided by your ISP and you get commission per month like 30% per customer on monthly basis

Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes I was thinking about setting up in my local area as there are not much isp there and i know there's a lot of demand for it. I will look into these providers that you mentioned.

where are you from , those ISP vary from city to city.. so your city might have different provider i.e ISP.. those ISP are for kolkata and wb region..

I am from Mizoram, Aizawl city. I know that there are two isps here in Aizawl and they are taking bandwidth from powergrid and reliance also i think. They are giving out 1Mbps unlimited at around Rs.1300 pm.