Sify's glorious moments

• Thread starter Thread starter knak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 13,000

knak

Regular
Sify sux.. bad quality, bad service bad everything but sometimes even they can surprise us, whether its some fault on their side or on purpose, i cannot say , if i take sify then it should be some error on their side,because they wont give faster speeds thenn the minimum just like that.. we have seen that it is not their policy to make us customers happy so.. this cannot be anything else then a fault in their systemYesterday the service was down at nightThis morning down... adn this afternoon, around 3:30 it went up againIts uncapped and im downloading at 150kB/s

its normal again 2.8kB/s ... downloaded 3MB

150kB/s wont be considered broadband at many places around the world. 😀 but I wont mind having it.

i just lost 50 megs of download from FTP coz the client logged me out without any warning and the transfer stopped. tried resuming but failed. another hour wasted... 😛

Last Friday night and staturday morning was the best experience of mine with sify after they introduced unlimited internet.I was downloading linux CD's. and i was getting it around 200 KBps. and i was downloading 4 files simentaously. But speeds came down to 1.5 - 2 KBps around 1200 noon.Now i am struck i am struck in the middle. i have not completed my download. and now speeds are avg 7 kBps.

7KBps is pretty good for the connection you have. I am the only one around here who gets 2-3 KBps on the 48kbps connection...

reaching 230kB/s after it was down for 2 daysi have it half an hour then it will be normal again

i touch a max of 10KBs at night time. so i download at night time... and blog during the day. pathetic compromize...

I was getting 2 kb/s for a month, then it went down for 2 days and after that i've been getting 200kb/s and more, even 1 Mb/s for two weeks now. Now its back to 4 kb/s. Glorious time, I downloaded 9 Gb of stuff. ^_^

Oh no... I am actually getting broadband at this very moment...For how long, not sure; do not care...

Originally posted by Sushubh@Oct 11 2004, 09:29 AM
Oh no... I am actually getting broadband at this very moment...

For how long, not sure; do not care...
[snapback]847[/snapback]
[/quote]

even that is not broadband. that is the minimum speed what i got back in my own counrty , on a basic cable package 6 years ago
Itjust looks so fast cuz we ALL get cheated and ripped off by Sick-fy

heh, true. we can call it pseudo broadband, sify style. :lol: btw it lasted for 90 minutes. i downloaded around 120 megs just 🙁

Just woke up, I downloaded more then 1gig this night and it keeps going onStill getting 50 ~ 200kB/sIm sure that when they found out they put me on 10kbps/max limit :lol: