Is BSNL 1099 Full Unlimited 3G plan and 549 for 10GB implemented in your Circle?

Is BSNL 1099 Full Unlimited 3G plan and 549 for 10GB implemented in your Circle?

• Total voters
What's their to activate, Its already active just change you sim mode to WCDMA only and if you aren't getting signal then may be BSNL 3G isn't available in your locality. I am saying these as I never witnessed these 3G activation thing ever with BSNL atleast in last 5 years and even BSNL don't have seprate 2G OR 3G Plans.

Last edited:
Zaman2011 bro 3G is preactivated on BSNL. If your SIM too old (before 2006-07),you may need to replace SIM. I have 3 BSNL prepaid in my family and all of them had pre-activated 3G, even the SIM that I bought in 2007 had preactivated 3G.
You were misguided by the link <START> or <STOP> to 1925 service is a common number issued by TRAI to activate/deactivate mobile data services that is nowhere related to 3G activation on BSNL. You can use STOP/START service on any operator to disable/enable data service

Last edited:
Saurabh Srivastava and Bsnl Super User Thank you. I have recharged with test packs on both BSNL and Airtel to now test out their 3G as they seem to be the only one providing decent speeds. It is nearly 10 in the night. So, I doubt the speeds would be better than daytime and not the right way to judge. But here are the speed tests.

Airtel 3G Speed

3.62 Mbps Download 1.23 Mbps Upload

BSNL 3G Speed Test

2.33 Mbps Download 0.30 Mbps Upload

Jio 4G Speed Test

3.68 Mbps Download 3.19 Mbps Upload

BSNL 1 Mbps Speed Test

1.04 Mbps Download 0.58 Mbps Upload

It looks like BSNL might be a good deal. The only problem though is their upload speed. I am not sure they are throttling upload speeds in 3G too. I would have loved an upload speed of around 1 Mbps at least for my work. The one thing I enjoyed about Jio (Jio is better today for me compared to last few weeks) is their upload speed. Any decent upload speed would have been great. 1-2 Mbps upload speed is all I would be ok with.

I used a third party (none of the above) server in Speedtest to be fair. I used Vodafone Delhi.

BSNL has bad upload speed no doubt about that.One thing I can assure you that BSNL don't throttle speeds based on servers/sites yes there may be some backend problems which would cause poor speed but they don't throttle.
JIO is pretty bad in your area.

Yes, my friend. I know that BSNL does not do anything on their end (I mean literally mean it being a broadband customer for 8 years). At time, it is also a major problem as they were in Rip Van Winkle sleep for the last 4-5 years or more and the status quo was what was disturbing a lot of BSNL Broadband users and they lost customers. I still love my BSNL broadband when it is working. The only issue is that the lines are always noisy and DSL lights go out at least 40-50 times a day (sometimes they do not become stable for hours if the lines are too noisy). And their customer service is pathetic and the lineman always demands bribe. Rest it is good when it works stable.

Most of the issues are related to lines and so, BSNL 3G might be a good option to bypass the noisy lines issue. So, I am thinking over it. I would probably go for a dedicated BSNL 3G SIM soon (the one I am testing is used by my family for calls) for only data. The SIM slots on all my cell phones are wasted as I test different networks for data. Is Rcom SIM of any use now? I do not use it for calls or data. I suppose I can just throw it away as it is just blocking one of the ports of my mobile phone. Instead, I can go for a BSNL 3G Sim for data. I would probably apply another BSNL Sim by tomorrow.

I'm actually getting higher upload speed than download speed on BSNL 3G lol.

2Mbps down and 2.5Mbps up

@Zama2011 Have you tried BSNL speed testing in you terrace because inside home BSNL gives low speed but for outdoor I get H+ signals and very good speed and upload is around 2-4 Mbps, So do check in your terrace and if it works then get a good wingle and place it in terrace, These method works me as I use to get under 4 Mbps interior then I moved to terrace and BOOM! The speed was 10 Mbps, from then whenever I use BSNL 3G , I place wingle in terrace and enjoy good speeds always as everyone uses BSNL 3G inside home means HSDPA only and I am using blank HSPA+ signals . Hope It works for you.

Which wingle are you using and which one do you suggest. I am able to get hspda+ signals in room with 4mbps day and 6.5mbps download in night upload is at 1.5mbps-2mbps.