BSNL Experience Unlimited BB 249: 1mbps unlimited (2mbps for 1st GB) for six months for Rs. 249

sahilseth103 I think instead of getting a landline connection first and then choosing a broadband plan was a wrong idea. One should apply for BB249, landline will come along with it.

What might have gone wrong is, BB249 is for new BSNL customer. You became their customer already as soon as you got the landline.

A couple of things. That 249 plan is 1 mbps, not 2 mbps for 6 months and then 499, unless something changed recently.

As mgdelhi pointed out, I think you need to opt for this directly. Opting for something else at the time of taking the connection probably made you an existing member and ineligible for the new customer offer.

@mhsabir

If that were the case, they won't be able to sell a single connection. A lot of people have landline ( for the sake of keeping their popular no. ) but most people started using internet as data plan on their mobiles. So I don't think BSNL would have treated a land line customer not eligible for 249 plan

Isn't 249 2 Mbps up to 1 GB and then 1 Mbps post FUP ?

I am not sure about only landline users being treated as new if they havent used broadband ever. But, you could be right.

And yes, its 2 mbps upto 1 GB,then 1 mbps.

Just got 'Experience Unlimited Broadband 249' on my existing number. My story is a bit different, had BSNL 675 combo plan 2 months back. My connection had severe frequent disconnection problem from last 2 years, after several complains they did nothing and so disconnected the BB 2 months back and kept only LL. Day before yesterday I went to BSNL office to surrender my LL connection as I dont need any more(JIO was with me), but they didnt want me to surrender my connection and the offered me to try 249 plan. Yesterday got connection and it is also stable then before. Now I am happy for 6 months. :clap:

That's good enjoy
I have a query can I disconnect broadband and after a week I agin apply for broadband can I get 249 rs planplan then...

Yes you can just dont take the connection in the same name as before.

My friend took a new connection and they charged Rs.600 for a landline phone
Total 1350 (500 + 249 +600)

Do they now sell landline?? not give for free like before?

Anyone knows whats Multiplay... My frnds new broadband connection was not working.. red light glowing in modem. So bsnl exchange guy asked to put multiplay in both id n password. now its green light but broadband still not working. Exchange guy said he will check and update something?? WHat is that?

If you get instrument from them ( and there is no promotional offer ), yes they will charge you.

Anyone knows whats Multiplay... My frnds new broadband connection was not working.. red light glowing in modem. So bsnl exchange guy asked to put multiplay in both id n password. now its green light but broadband still not working. Exchange guy said he will check and update something?? WHat is that?

Leave it for them to handle. It's their job to give you a good connection.

i was charged

rs 500 security for landline
rs 250 security for broadband so total 750 security

now m not sure if this was valid or not for new customer
can someone throw a light ?

I had my broadband (NOT LANDLINE) plan 545 disconnected on Sept. 27, 2016. Will I be eligible to apply for the 249 plan? My local BSNL employee said that I'd be eligible only after 90 days from the day of disconnection to apply for a new plan but I should verify from customer care. Customer care was of no help and neither were the other employees. Does anyone have any thoughts?