What's the fuss all about? Airtel is cheaper than Jio for heavy users

• Thread starter Thread starter RajanP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,841
ISP
BSNL 3G
"For someone who uses 1 GB a day for work purposes, Bharti Airtel is currently cheaper than Reliance Jio.

Under Jio’s plans, once has to spend Rs 2,499 to get 35 GB of data per month.

Under Bharti Airtel’s new plan, one has to give a rent of Rs 130 per month plus a data charge of Rs 1,785 for 35 GB, taking the total to Rs 1,915 — which is cheaper than Jio’s offer by a substantial margin.

In addition, Airtel’s offer does not compel you to use exactly 35 GB. You can also consume 30 GB and pay less."

GUESS WHAT | Airtel is still cheaper than Reliance Jio for heavy, professional data users - RTN.ASIA

---------------

If this is true (it appears so to me, unless they have more plans), it's a big dsappointment. I consume exactly 30 gb per month 😳😱😱

I just have to spend 200 bucks to watch all my favourite shows at 1080p for one month..I don't think Airtel offers something like this..[emoji14]
Not to mention all the free calls and SMSs and free roaming..

we will get the better picture once nearing to dec end
currently all theories sums up but free calls and sms is plus point plus unlimited at night

Even for night unlimited 4G, Airtel's current offer seems better.

Reliance Jio effect: Data charges slashed, here's a comparison for the best deal - The Economic Times

If you recharge with Rs.1498 or something, then you can get Rs.51 per GB for the next 12 months. If the person uses even 4-5 GB per month, the costs would become extremely low in a couple of months. Not many cares for a one-time yearly charge of Rs.1498. But the Rs.51 for 1 GB recharge for the next 12 months looks to be a steal deal compared to the Jio offer.

One more thing. If there is one network (except hopefully Jio) which has got very good signals then it is Airtel. So, there is no compromise on quality too. Rcomm was also giving cheap plans but their network is not very good. But Airtel's network is decent enough and comparable to Jio.

In fact, the best plans are currently perhaps of BSNL with their unlimited 3G for Rs.1100. But I am not sure their signals would be great though I would probably test them out. Even their Rs.550 for 10GB plan is decent for medium users.

@Zaman2011 You still did not understand the strategy of jio. They are not going to survive on data, they are going to survive on premium users.
Airtel cant provide unlimited calls because its large user base are from villages and they use only calls(use simple phones and dont like android and all and not expected to come on jio). But in case of jio there users will be mainly from cities and top spending users. I think no co. is providing unlimited calls for less than rs.1000 .
Here jio comes into frame. Now its mostly user are from city they are looking for cheap option and also for both data and calls. And nothing cant be cheap as jio.
Think reverse you are paying Rs. 500 for unlimited calling for all over India and you are getting free 4 gb internet and jio subscriptions and unlimited night data and that too 4g (Now Sounds cheap ?). At least you save Rs. 200-300 on calls.
As far as i know airtel has average paying customer around Rs 300. Here around 40-50% (I assume) will be on 500 rs plans. And some are on even high plans. So they will achieve better average per paying customer. And other services such as broadband and TV(not mobile) and others if any are still to launch. So they will make a pack that are very cheap combining all. But Average per customer will be high.

I think there are some confusions. We will get some clarity before January. I watched the talk where Ambani mentioned 5p/MB which comes to 50 per GB. If that 50/ GB plan is real why we need to worry. 40 GB for 2k. With Airtel we need to pay additional 1500.

Funny
Airtel giving unlimited calls, messages for you ??

In jio for 149
Unlimited calls, 100 messages,300 mb data.

Ambani did not say base rate of 5p / mb. I checked the speech transcript. He said 'our packs can go down as much as 5p per mb'

Jio appears to be disruptive and revolutionary in terms of voice calls, but as far as data is concerned there is nothing special, at least not per these plans.