Unified Payments Interface (UPI) News & Updates

^ but in my case, its tatkal. will irctc still wait for midnight to see if payment comes? becasue thats stupid and defeats the whole point of tatkal

It does not really wait. Thats just when their script to refund the money for failed transaction runs.

if your payment failed - there is noway to retry and hence there is no way to book new ticket on same payment.

irctc failed transactions are clearly listed under Failed Transactions page right ?

no experience with upi but not for netbanking/cards irctc clearly display message transaction failed and the same is available on failed transactions page or you can check booked history. And surprisingly every failed payments gets refunded on time.

Thats what I am saying. That transaction fails and gets recorded and shows in failed transaction.

But script that refunds the money is run at night. And hence you dont get refund immediately.

irctc failed transactions are clearly listed under Failed Transactions page right ?

no experience with upi but not for netbanking/cards irctc clearly display message transaction failed and the same is available on failed transactions page or you can check booked history. And surprisingly every failed payments gets refunded on time.
THATS THE VERY THING IM CONFUSED! I got a ticket confirmed page but no details. when I searched for it in "booked ticket history" and " failed ticket history" , it wasn't shown in any of them.

so upi finally fucked up at my end. dad transferred Rs. X from IndusInd to Andhra Bank on April 1. Money is deducted from IndusInd. Andhra does not have it yet. Andhra even sent a message that Rs. 50,000 have been received. But it does not appear in bank statement. Andhra Bank official have nothing in their system. IndusInd would take complaint tomorrow. The basic consensus was that because April 1 was financial year starting, payment is stuck in clearing and should arrive by tonight. Would check again tomorrow morning and visit IndusInd if it is still missing.

Funny enough, dad sent Rs. x to my bank account in Yes Bank at around the same time. It arrived just fine in my account. Sarkari Bank zindabad.

It has taken four months to see some positive response to a failed upi transaction for amount of about Rs 3000+. My bank said the money was sent successfully The merchant said it shows error and they did not receive the amount. Complain to BHIM-UPI did not get any result except saying: "Here is your complaint number" Complain to the merchant's payment gateway provide also got similar response. Finally I raised the issue with NPCI on Twitter and they said they will update as soon as they have more information. Two days back the payment gateway provider sent me a email saying they have been told by the merchant to refund the amount. Still yet to see the amount back in my bank account.

at my end... indusind guys should be supportive. i am very concerned about lack of response from andhra. the only good thing is that both banks are in the local market and it was a transaction between two banks. the amount is pretty significant so that does not help.

If you want to Tweet to NPCI you should direct message them in this format :

Name:
Registered Mobile Number:
Issue Faced:
Transaction ID:
Date & Time of the Transaction:
Amount:
Payer Bank:
Payee Bank: