Yes Bank Credit Cards

none appears to be good enough. sigh.

Some more details I guess. Last time they had told me that I was preapproved as I was already a banking customer and nothing else was required. They kept on asking me to show them my non-existing office as the sales guy misrepresented what I do. After a couple of weeks, they sent me a mail confirming that my application was rejected for reasons they would not reveal. Fine.

Just around a week or ten days ago, I got another call. This time they said that my mom was preapproved for a credit card. She also has a Yes Bank account with her savings which was opened because of demonetization nuisance. I said, no. I do not want a card for her especially after the harassment I had to deal with when the same was offered to me.

The guy offered to apply for me again. This time he took a copy of my card (omg) along with latest statement. I have a decent limit on my StanChart card so I guess that helped. I did not even bother following up as I expected to get rejected again. They called a few times for verification. A home visit was also made. They did ask about what I did but no demand to see my non-existing office. Anyhow. Got a sms earlier today that my card and pin were already in mail. Got it earlier today. Have already used it a bunch of times. Even managed to teach a shopkeeper on how to use his nfc capable machine with nfc cards.

I only have experience with StanChart so comparison would not be fair. What I like about Yes Bank card is that their sms and email alerts both include the name of the merchant. StanChart alerts have no details about merchants. Only option is to either call a paid number and waste 5-6 minutes of my life or wait for 4-5 days for the transaction to appear on the website.

Yes Bank website had no details about any of the transactions few hours ago when I last checked. Would try again to figure out how long it takes for them to show transactions on the website.

One annoyance though. Their mobile app seems to have no section for credit cards. There seems to be no dedicated app as well. Since the card is already visible in my online account, I assume that it should be visible in the app as well. Not yet. Tweeted to Yes Bank. No response yet. Yes Bank helpline is free so maybe I would call and check.

PS. I did sign the auto-debit option unwillingly. The sales guy was pretty forceful about it both times I applied. Said that it would help in approval of the card. Now it is not that big of a deal considering I have never delayed payment in more than a decade of using credit cards intentionally. But auto-pay options have never really made me comfortable so there’s that.

Another small annoyance... My StanChart card is MasterCard. My Yes Bank debit card is MasterCard. And this new credit card is also MasterCard. I would have liked to have one VISA card at least. No luck this time around.

i just needed a backup tbh. stanchart seems to have blacklisted some merchants including dreamhost. takes a lot of effort to pay for hosting. not really a fan of paying through paypal so would be using yes bank for the same. want to stay away from sbi as far as possible.

nothing like that. i mostly went for yes bank because my bank account is with them so it is easier to deal with one entity for both banking and credit cards. there are probably better cards out there but i just wanted one card for backup. though looking at their alerts, i might switch to it as my primary card. stanchart gets very confusing because their alerts have no mention of merchant's name.

ohh I see.. I use SBI FBB card and its very confusing I must say in mobile app for sbi cc .. Its hard to keep track of expenditures in sbi app ..