BSNL 3G is now offering unlimited data for Rs. 1099 (Rs. 156 for 2GB/Rs. 549 for 10GB)

The festival season is around the corner, others will also start now.

I've been using the Rs. 78 pack that gives 1GB with a 5 day validity. I was using the Rs. 68 (1GB) pack last year that originally gave a 10 day validity for 1GB data, but they reduced the validity from 10 days to 7, then 5, 3 and eventually just 1 day!

However, I'd always wished that instead of (or alongside) the 5 day 1GB pack for Rs. 78, they'd introduce a 30-day 10GB pack (or 60-day 20GB, or 90-day 30GB) at similar price per GB. That's beacuse I use just under 10GB per month, and remembering to recharge every 3 days was a major pain. Now I've found my poison. Rs. 549 10GB - here I come. :clap:

EDIT - I'm in Kolkata BTW and BSNL 3G speeds are between 1Mbps and 3Mbps depending on the area and time of the day (on most days).

Last edited:
For once, Bsnl has moved in time. 550 for 10GB is 55 per Gb.
This is a big hit since Jio doesn't have 3G, now other ISPs will follow.

Lesson to learn, compete where you cannot be competed with 😛

LOL..5 years back I had to freaking travel from Pune to CST and Byculla by foot and had to freaking stand in line to get a MTNL SIM,just so I could enjoy UL 3G
This makes me cringe so bad now

I used to be very jealous when I see full unlimited MTNL plans, BSNL at my place has 7.2mbps network I am waiting for moves of AVOID if Idea gives full unlimited plans I'd subscribe to it.

Isn't the Mtnl office near Fountain?
Never expected their office in Byculla

@View From The Top Will you recharge this offer once it comes into existence?

I will, if I can't get a Jio SIM for free. I posted that before realizing Reliance is handing out SIMs for Asus, Panasonic (and now apparently Micromax / YU) devices. I have a 4G-enabled handset (Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL), and I already have a code, so I'd rather use faster LTE data on my phone. For my desktop, I already have Hathway FTTH broadband that I'm very happy with here in Kolkata. My backup is a Rs. 56 BSNL data pack that gives 250MB 3G data for 21 days LOL! :rofl:

So at the moment, I won't really need the Rs. 549 pack unless I can't get the Jio SIM, because many retailers are black-marketing and selling those free SIMs at exorbitant rates! The local store owner asked for Rs. 350 and apparently its the same thing everywhere if the internet is to be believed. Rather than encourage immoral practices, I'll go to an official Reliance Digital store this weekend before deciding.

Last edited:
Just checked BSNL 3G 68ruppee 1 day 1GB pack ( they say's one day but gives validity for 2 days and secondly it cost 59.3 ruppee if activated via mobile balance considering you did a 220 ruppee full talktime recharge it's a much fairer deal) , BSNL recently upgraded to 14.4 or 21.1 mbps from 7.2mbps in mine area and speed's here are rocking like 6-11Mbps download and 3.8 mbps upload that also for 1099 worth it ( but you could get it for 14.5 percent less if you get it activated via mobile balance considering u did a topup via fulltalk time offer so around 950 ruppee per month(31 days as they provide 1 day extra in all their plans) for 3G .. wow!). But just purchased jiofi, so stuck with it .

Last edited:
@Bsnl Super User - The first part is absolutely true. Unlike private operators, BSNL does not charge service charge twice if recharging from main account balance. So effectively, you actually get a discount if you do a full-talktime recharge.

Extra Validity - They plugged that loophole a few weeks ago sadly. So now, 1 day means 1 day only. Although plans aren't deactivated immediately at midnight, (more like 2:00 - 2:30 in the morning), but still, 1-day validity no longer means 2-days or 30-day validity no longer means 31-days and so on. It used to be the case until a few weeks ago, but no more. 😢

Speeds - Don't know about such high speeds, though. May I ask which city you're in? Here in Kolkata, they have 14.4Mbps and I get between 1-3Mbps D/L in Salt Lake, although speeds are lower in more congested areas like Burrabazar etc.

EDIT: Here's a speed-test I did right now. My download speeds (both direct and peering) generally hover between 150Kb/s and 800Kb/s depending on the time of the day.

5577961123.png

Last edited: