India Post Updates

caae482034a364cdfb826c31baa38c06.jpg

Works! Finally.

@chromaniac
it did work fine for me as well.

In any case, a packet at home is much better than 2 in a sorting facility somewhere in Maharashtra 🙂

the package is so delayed that i decided to order the same product from snapdeal. i am now wondering how to cancel the Amazon order. now i think both would arrive on monday though knowing indian post, snapdeal might delivery on monday while amazon might take another couple of days. considering it took them 5 days to deliver the package to the courier service based on the screenshot above 😀

🙂

Do not accept the package and you should be good but my experience with India post has been better than blue dart.

of course blue dart and delhivery are both horrible 🙁 but i am just said that living in gurgaon, i have to take deliveries from indian post. i mean the post offices in gurgaon are horribly understaffed.

did not accept a packet from SD, one week now amount paid still not credited back :\ no response from sd :\

May be when they say they want to restructure its system they would be delivering via vehicles other than bycycle ?
Anyways delivering on cycles is not possible for anyone.

India Post (also known as Department of Posts) wants to restructure/re-build its parcel network, operations and delivery set up to meet the needs of e-commerce players to cater to their need for transportation and delivery of parcels/packets.

I see most of the courier services on a downgrade path, in such a scenario it is a good time if Indian Post can pull their socks. Previously all my packages used to come within 1-2 days from Metros, these days I can expect anything around 10 days, even fedex takes 3-4 days. Delivery times has increased for me.

And quality with private player has gone down too, here is a shocking story, I received a package from Bluedart day before, the guy called me from ground floor (i'm no 4th floor), here is the conversation:

Guy: Sir aap ka package aaya
Me: toh ?
Guy: Mera bag kaafi bhari hai ?
Me: toh ? use the lift

I hung up.

then he came to me, he had a big bag with lot of packages, like most of them have. Here is the conversation we had:

Me: Aapne mujhe nicke se kyu phone kiya ?
Guy: Sir bag kaafi bhari tha
Me: Toh aapne kya socha mein nicke aake delivery lunga ? Aapko agar delivery karne mein takleef hai toh aap package wapas lejaiye.

So he quietly handed me over the package and went away, no sorry nothing.

as for the shipping services, it looks like all of them are still overwhelmed by diwali offers. flipkart first is missing from most of the products i have checked. the listings still say that shipment might be delayed because of festive season. ordered a product from homeshop18 and it is also scheduled to arrive in the second week of november.