• Thread starter Thread starter Mahesh1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,882
Originally posted by avinds@Jun 30 2005, 10:28 AM
how wud water go "inside" the wire??
[snapback]14272[/snapback]
[/quote]

a) There could be a gap between the connector and the wire.

B) the connector could have been installed vertically facing the rain.

Originally posted by Mahesh1@Jun 29 2005, 09:57 PM
avinds, i hope your alternative involves striping the cable. Because if you don't the water WILL have no problem in traveling upwards. This is due to the constant supply.

[snapback]14179[/snapback]
[/quote]

hehehe.....thank god NEWTON isnt here !!!!! 😛 😛

capillary effect...hmm...i'm sure it won't rain that much :lol:the wire really has be to "submerged" in water to have that effect, if at all it can have any... 😉

My tv was screwed because of this. I made my cto come and see himself. The water was coming out like it comes out of a faulty leaky pipe. The rust also was there. and it had a smell which was stinking.Cto was just a mere spectator. somehow I hate ctos

These are incredible accounts. This can only happen in our dear country. What an infrastructure! 🤔

Originally posted by Mahesh1@Jun 29 2005, 09:57 PM
avinds, i hope your alternative involves striping the cable. Because if you don't the water WILL have no problem in traveling upwards. This is due to the constant supply.

Does anyone know if water can dameage the lan-card/motherboard.
Has any1 faced this problem before.
[snapback]14179[/snapback]
[/quote]

YES I HAd this problem last season and have done excatly as sugessted here Split opne the CAT 5 cable and made up a loop. but I paid a rtaher heavy price to learn that. Spolit my MSI 865 Neo2 MB . Luckily it was only some sound chip and capacitor so roughly hit me with 1500 Rs. for no fault of mine

This happened to me with Iqara. Left cable plugged in, and left for a month long vacation in June-July 2005. Of course, the infamous rains began, and I found the MB screwed. Blew 3 capacitors too a week after I started using it again.