Nextra Fiber Review!

ISP
Nextra
Hey Guys,
I'm gonna give a little background about myself. I have two houses- one in Delhi and the other in Allahabad. At the house in Allahabad, We have a 150mbps unlimited data plan from Reliance( we have a lot of members in the family) which is stellar. In Delhi I live in New Friends Colony(South Delhi), I previously had a 4mbps 15 GB Airtel Plan which absolutely sucked. I never got the claimed speed even after complaining relentlessly( the max speed I got was 2.6 mbps), I had frequent drop outs and if more than three devices would be connected at the same time then speed would slow down to a measly 256 kbps (approximately). In short, It was PATHETIC.
So moving on, I recently got rid of Airtel and got The Fiberbolt 10 plan from Nextra. I got two connections because no router could cover the whole of my house( trust me, I tried). The Nextra guy took 1500rs each for the router(refundable if decide to get it removed), 500rs as installation charge and 2200rs for the connection itself. The connection was activated within 10 minutes of me telling Nextra to. The speed was constantly 9.8 to 10.1 mbps(upload and download both) and Ping an amazing 10ms. Till now, I have had no downtime. For me, Nextra is extremely good and I will keep this post updated. Thanx for reading this.
IMG_3761.png

150mbps plan from Reliance? Cool. The above post is also posted through an Airtel connection. So there's that.

Well. If one has too many devices at home. It's good to have two different connections. Repeaters would not really help the cause. 10mbps is not much these days if more than 2-3 devices are connecting at the same time.

sX4Dww5.png

would need some high quality repeaters though.

If you get two connections that means you are going to have two wires coming into your house - you are willing to install extra wiring, is what I am trying to say.

Why not then, run a wire from the router and install two wired AP's instead of repeaters.

From Nextra's website:

CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) Charges Policy:
– For FTTH/ FTTB networks, Nextra does not provide the Router or other Customer Premise Equipments. Customer can buy Router/ Accessories recommended by Nextra or any other equipment of equivalent specifications. Nextra recommended Router is available for Rs. 1500/- (incl. VAT)
– For FTTN networks, Nextra provides the Customer Premise Equipment, for which a refundable security deposit of Rs.1500/- would be collected at the time of CRF signing

lol. they actually recommend a binatone router? that's hilarious. and they sell it for rs. 1500! cool shit.

Two connections because one router couldn't cover your home? You are going to pay two monthly bills?
Haha! yah, I considered buying a repeater but then I would have upgrade the plan coz there are a lot of devices and speed would decrease and plus two connections mean that i get double data which is 60gb. I have made the SSID and the passwords same so its more convenient now...

You are now paying (999 + service tax) * 2, which costs you around 2200 a month (guesstimate).

But you can only get 10 Mbps on each device - since one device cannot connect to both connections at the same time, you do get 60 GB though.

Instead, if you had chosen the Fiberbolt 20 Plan with the two extra data packs, you would have 65 GB (5 GB more than now) and pay the same price. You could also use the full 20 Mbps on a single device, instead of the current 10.